Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon & Nikkor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Nikon & Nikkor Reply with quote

In the 60's I first started lusting for a few Nikons....finally in the 70's bought my first F2...when I could afford it,I would buy another used Nikon or Nikkor lens.

Presented here are pics of part of the collection....more pics to come later.

Last edited by Boomer Depp on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:27 pm; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a beautiful cameras! I never seen better ones than Nikons.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,Attila!

Last edited by Boomer Depp on Mon May 30, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer Depp wrote:
Thank you,Attila! I have a special fondness for Nikon.

I have many cameras from several makers and kept in my hands many in different shops, but Nikon is top one in my opinion , design ,features, just best one for me. I have only one from them, a Nikon FA Wink because FA is my sign of name in Hungarian or AF in English (what a same LOL) Why not MF ? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words escape me. Your collection is... astounding.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FA as you well know Atilla is a unique Nikon...and I came very close to buying an FA a few times....known for my patience,someday I will have one.

Thank you,Vilhelm! It astounds me sometimes,too...and tests my wife's tolerance.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer Depp wrote:
The FA as you well know Atilla is a unique Nikon...and I came very close to buying an FA a few times....known for my patience,someday I will have one.

Thank you,Wilhelm! It astounds me sometimes,too...and tests my wife's tolerance.

It was a milestone right, I hope one day you will get it and enjoy it too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPRESSIVE!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a seriously impressive lineup of cameras and bodies Shocked

My humble collection consists of 3 Nikkor lenses and a Nikon F Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am humbled by your Asahi Optical collection and many other fine collections here at MFlenses....

Thank you,Klaus!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon & Nikkor Reply with quote

Boomer Depp wrote:

These were the only two out of the whole batch without protective filters... Should we take guesses as to what that means? Very Happy

Also, how does the 50-300 perform? Looking forward to seeing the rest of the collection! Cool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon & Nikkor Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:

These were the only two out of the whole batch without protective filters... Should we take guesses as to what that means? Very Happy
It's a conspiracy I tell ya.... Cool

Also, how does the 50-300 perform? Looking forward to seeing the rest of the collection! Cool

I just keep the lens for the collection and the lens was surpassed long ago by the incomparable Nikkor AI 50-300mm 4.5 ED....this older version has PF until stopping down...way down...

Last year however,did acquire the much sought after final ED version of the lens,with the larger collar and mount which does quite well...looked for a few years till I found an excellent copy at the right price...recently got lucky and also acquired a mint copy of the HK-5 hood.

Last edited by Boomer Depp on Mon May 30, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are beautiful, and wonderful machines. Nikon really backed up their mystique.

Which is your favorite and why? And if that's one of the large ones, would there be a different one you'd choose to go on a long hike with?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My, what beautiful and ENVIABLE collection! Thanks for sharing these
excellent product shots!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply wonderful.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words folks!

The professional cameras bring a lot to the table and while the F2 was a favorite and still holds it's place as a top professional camera on my shelf,the F3 and a backup F3 was my go to professional camera for almost 25 years.I acquired an F4 and used it for less then a year,before it disappeared out of my hotel room along with a F3 and a FM2n,and eight lenses.(for those who have never endured a camera and lens collection disappearing,I would hope you would never have to deal with such a gut wrenching experience) I never bought another F4,instead the insurance check bought a boat,after my wife suggested I buy a boat again and stay a little closer to home.I also quit my job and went to work for another employer,who kept me busy around the waters of the Northwest.

My favorite carry with me anywhere bodies after my best equipment was stolen,were a few FE's and an FM2n...Seems like I always had one of these in my vehicle or boat at all times...The camera I usually carried when packing in,mountain climbing,cross country skiing,or what have you,was the FM2n in cold climate and the FE & FM2n in warm climate.I usually always had a FM2n with me,no matter where I went after acquiring my first one....and usually with a Nikkor 35mm f2 mounted,with a Nikkor 20mm f4 & a Nikkor 200mm f4 with a 2x TC in my pack.

My all time favorite is the F3...until I went digital I always had one with me,but I didn't leave it in my car...it was in an old bag that I always carried,and when that bag fell apart,I found another old bag to carry it in.These days I always have a Canon EOS 1D2n,1DS2 and a 50D.Bought the 1D4 last winter,but I don't always carry it around...yet.

Last edited by Boomer Depp on Mon May 30, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
My, what beautiful and ENVIABLE collection! Thanks for sharing these
excellent product shots!

I agree completely. And they are in fantastic condition.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,Ron....Some of them look better in the pics....Most of them have had a few bumps and the chrome FM2n required some work to the viewfinder housing after taking a nasty fall.The front facing with Nikon inscription still dips slightly on the left side and is missing some paint on the upper left corner.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for the impressive collection. All the items look in great shape.

Best, Marty.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Marty!

Nikkor 200mm f2 IF-ED N AI-S(final version)

Nikkor 300mm f2.8 IF-ED N AI-S (final version)

Last edited by Boomer Depp on Sun May 29, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor 400mm f5.6 ED (second version-with/Factory AI conversion and CPU chip and electrical contact block from cannibalized Nikkor AF lens.)

Last edited by Boomer Depp on Sun May 29, 2011 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon 28mm f/3.5 PC-Nikkor

Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AI-S

Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8 AI-S & PK-13 & Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing Teleconverter

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor 85mm f1.4 AI-S

Nikkor 105mm f2.5 AI-S

Nikkor 135mmm f2 AI-S

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor ED 50-300mm f4.5 AI-S(Final Version)

Last edited by Boomer Depp on Mon May 30, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a very impressive collection, Boomer! I'm a bit surprised, though, that you don't have an F somewhere in that extensive array.