Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor Q 135/2.8 b&w candids D3000
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Nikkor Q 135/2.8 b&w candids D3000 Reply with quote

I took these in the early evening at a local festival. I converted them to black and white because there were too many distracting colours on the edge of the frame and the images were a little noisy (the high iso performance of my D3000 is poor!!). I also added a fairly heavy vignette. I like this lens in good light but it isn't a great performer in low light.

Anyway... the pics

Thanks for looking

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow. The first shot is breathtaking. I actually prefer it to the second because it makes the subject seem more aloof and unattainable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Holy cow. The first shot is breathtaking. I actually prefer it to the second because it makes the subject seem more aloof and unattainable.

+1 wow!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #1 too. The cup is distracting to me though. It's not so much that she's holding it, it's the design, pattern, and straw. I think it "dates" the photograph whereas if it was a more simplified glass, it would be timeless. Maybe there's a way to mute the pattern and clone out the straw? It would, in my opinion, be perfect then.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone

themoleman342 wrote:
I like #1 too. The cup is distracting to me though. It's not so much that she's holding it, it's the design, pattern, and straw. I think it "dates" the photograph whereas if it was a more simplified glass, it would be timeless. Maybe there's a way to mute the pattern and clone out the straw? It would, in my opinion, be perfect then.

Good point moleman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great captures, I also prefer #1, the little girl is a definitive plus