Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor lens test 1979 50mm 24mm 105mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Nikkor lens test 1979 50mm 24mm 105mm Reply with quote

Popular Photography lens test measurements 1979

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
Nikkor 24mm f/2.8
Nikkor 105mm f/2.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiitos Jussi, these are great finds! Thank you also for the other posts, I have noticed you've published quite a lot of them during the years I've browsed the forum - thank you for your effort and thought.

While the presentation of data requires more knowledge than what is required reading today's standard visualisation of lens tests, the data seems accurate - this page confirms quite exactly what I think about my Nikkor 24/2.8, 105/2.5 and 50/1.8 lenses (I have several copies) and the test data can be backed up by several reliable publications.[/i]

The only thing I've noticed is that figures for longitudinal and lateral chromatic aberration seem to be exaggerated. I suspect this has to do with how full frame sensors gather rays, or then it's the signal processing - on a D3 the 105/2.5 definitely has less LoCA and LaCA than the 24/2.8 or 50/1.8. Then again, I've seen that happen with many lenses that on film were so-so regarding CA - the 50/1.2 was quite troubled by CA but when coupled with a D3/D700 I see nothing of the amount I saw on film or when using D1x/D2x