Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 85mm f1.8 AI or pre-AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 85mm f1.8 AI or pre-AI Reply with quote

Pin sharp, beautiful lens , sharp even at wide open.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good price so far. Very Happy

I dont like any cometic defects on the rear element. Not even very small marks. I'm very picky about that... Shocked Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:

I dont like any cometic defects on the rear element. Not even very small marks. I'm very picky about that... Shocked Twisted Evil

Big mistake, you loose many great deal. Many pro photo journalist use lenses without any caps... imagine that lenses

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
spiralcity wrote:

Big mistake, you loose many great deal. Many pro photo journalist use lenses without any caps... imagine that lenses

A fiend of mine (free lance) used the excelent nikkor 180/2,8 with only a rear cap and put it somewhere face down. And the lens? With lot of marks in the front but OK!!

I think that understand Spiralcity, perhaps our collector's soul.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like also immaculate lenses as well, but if I can buy a crappy looking one for lot less I take it to use it every day.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These AI'd lenses of the K-type 85/1.8 seem more numerous in the US than here in Germany. I also got mine via ebay USA in excellent condition for €150, had to pay another € 25 for customs and VAT, and am perfectly happy with it. One of the best Nikkors to have, especially for portraits.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very fussy about the glass I buy. I can always wait for the right lens, I never feel the need to rush. When I see the lens I want I buy it regarless of price. (In most cases)