Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 35/2 preAI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 35/2 preAI Reply with quote

photo taken at @ f2

...and thats a snow hill he's standing on, protected from the sun by a blanket of leaves, notice the layers of past years...

what can I say... heavy metal lens Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Is still snow there ?! Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Pretty cool. It looks like that hill got a lot of snow this year.

I also own a Nikkor 35mm f/2 pre-AI. It makes for a high-quality fast "normal" prime on my 1.6x crop body EOS.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laughing Is still snow there ?! Shocked

hehe, yea we were also amazed, as we were "hiking" by, he suddenly sais: " what the f***, is that snow!?" Very Happy

and it's a great lens, in my opinion much better than SC 50/1.4 I used to have, it has more character...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah! I like my 35/2 quite a lot, and it produces nice, sharp, contrasty images....unless I shoot it wide open, or point it toward the sun. Then again, quite a few lenses have those problems.

Unlike some people I know who would get rid of it and buy something that is "better" because it cost 10 times more, I prefer the simple fix: use it for anything except wide open or shooting into the sun!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to admit it, but I sold THE tokina 12-24 for this lens and 24/2.8 AIS and I don't regret it.... MF forever Smile

mine's very sharp wide open in the center Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
I hate to admit it, but I sold THE tokina 12-24 for this lens and 24/2.8 AIS and I don't regret it.... MF forever Smile

Wow, that must have been a tough decision... Surprised I'm glad you don't regret it, these Nikkors are fine lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens too! My first Nikkor. I like it because 5D1 mirror clears no problem, whereas mirror hits the Takumar 2/35; performance not as uch contrast as Takumar but as sharp, maybe more. The hood is much help to reduce flare.

I have also seen these snow remains in the Sierra Nevada mountains, usually on north-facing slopes without direct sun. The leaves covering the snow act as insulating blanket. Even when (daytime) air temperature is 38C, snow remains, insulated by leaves covering. Accumulations over many years, evidenced by many layers of snow-leaves. There were signs animals & birds dig into for a drink.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

symphonic wrote:
NikonD wrote:

Wow, that must have been a tough decision... Surprised I'm glad you don't regret it, these Nikkors are fine lenses.

yes it was tough, but the selling price was higher than the price that I bought it for Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:

+1 and buy again 24mm f2.8 AIS I believe that is one of the best 24mm lens. I am very happy with my 20mm f2.8 AIS so not miss 24mm much.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
NikonD wrote:

+1 and buy again 24mm f2.8 AIS I believe that is one of the best 24mm lens. I am very happy with my 20mm f2.8 AIS so not miss 24mm much.

24/2.8 asi is superb optically! love that focal length thanks to Nikkor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+2 on the Nikkor 24mm f/2.8. After buying mine quite a few years ago, I don't think I've used my 28mm f/2.8 Nikkor once. Cool Not selling the 28mm though, cuz I figure that once I do I'll find some reason why I should have kept it.

Nikon F2, 24mm f/2.8 AIs, Kodak Ektar 100, exposure unrecorded