Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 2,8/300 AI-S - first pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 2,8/300 AI-S - first pics Reply with quote

As I mentioned finally I bought the Nikkor 2,8/300 AI-S. I wasn't able to wait for the adapter so I just put the m42 adapter on the end of the Nikkor and fixed it with some tape and I took some pics. I fell in love with this lens. It is very hard to use it because of the small dof, but the quality and the feeling is incredible... Here are some pictures and 100% crops, processed from raw with ufraw. The 100% crops are unsharpened. I shoot all of them at f2,8.

So opinions?[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, sharpness appears acceptable, but maybe no more than that. Then again, at f/2.8 not bad. CA present, but isn't it in all of these old long lenses?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey HUN , nice to see you here Smile I have mixed feeling perhaps only because not easy to catch right focus. Yellow ball in green grass is great really, flower shoot is not. Congrats for your new gem! How heavy is it ? Can you use it hand held easily ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx. It's really a gem. I also had contradictory feelings on that flower picture, but as I remember it was about 3-4 meters far from the lens, what meens that the dof is ~1 cm wide open.

It is 2,5 kg, so it's problematic to handhold it. Fortunately I have a Manfrotto 055 with a 488rc4. After the converter, and the focusing screen arrives from China, and I'll be able to repair my tripod everything will be ready to try it seriously, not just with the m42 converter Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward your tripod tests, many thanks for sharing these pictures!