Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 2.5/105 Ai Samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 2.5/105 Ai Samples Reply with quote

I bought this lens a few weeks ago - as a replacement for the Nikon E 2.8/100. Indoor trials confirmed that it had the edge and the 100 mm E went in the post this morning. However I was glad to get outside for a few minutes with the 105 late this afternoon. The sun was low and there was some breeze ( and plant movement). A few quick shots...

Nikkor 2.5/105 Ai at f/8 on Nikon D60; RAW capture with conversion in NX2 using 'Vivid' defaults, minor adjustment and resizing in PSE5.

1. Ficus carica (the lens has a seven bladed diaphragm !)

2. Lilium 'Mero Star' (Merostar ?)

3. Runner bean

The lens has a close focus distance of ~ 1 m. A short extension tube (21 mm) allows us to get closer.

4. Lilium 'Mero Star' (Merostar ?)

5. Helianthus annus 'Ikarus'

6. Drone fly (?Eristalis tenax?) on Verbena bonariensis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pics.

I have a non-AI version.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is capable of some nice 3D effect...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done. I think you will find that the "edge" over the 100 is more like a cliff! The 105 deserves every accolade of its long, illustrious career. You are really going to enjoy it

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a lovely lens but I can not afford now. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your comments. My experience is so far limited but I think that you put it well Patrick.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats John! Good to know that this perfect lens is also great for macro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***what a lovely lens but I can not afford now.***

But the fun can be:- finding a lens very cheap that can get near it for results. And sometimes if I see a lens that looks promising, I buy a camera body to fit it.