Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nice Kitty
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Nice Kitty Reply with quote

I keep trying to get a good photo of the cat but it always seems to go wrong!
This is typical of me getting the framing and focus wrong again!
This is 'Sonny' brother to Cher the cat in my last post.

Tri X film scan Takumar f1.8 55mm lens. Pentax SL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should all have such kitty problems !

Well no, not really. Bunch of DOM's we are, and thats the truth.

Great shot. From the archives ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
We should all have such kitty problems !

Well no, not really. Bunch of DOM's we are, and thats the truth.

Great shot. From the archives ?

Yes from the 'Archives' I took it about 1973.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great shot Rob! nice Kitty with big eyes and amazing expression

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I really like your old shots. I think you should start yet another flickrstream or somesuch, with all these modelshots from the seventies.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
Rob,

I really like your old shots. I think you should start yet another flickrstream or somesuch, with all these modelshots from the seventies.

I was looking at some old scans, negs, slides and prints and thinking the same thing. I may call it the Seventies or something like that.
I'm afraid it will be a couple of months (Or more Rain) before it gets done.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
zewrak wrote:
Rob,

I was looking at some old scans, negs, slides and prints and thinking the same thing. I may call it the Seventies or something like that.

Excellent, I would like to know what lights etc you used in the shot you posted in the Café. In the "Fashion school" thread. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
Rob Leslie wrote:
zewrak wrote:
Rob,

Excellent, I would like to know what lights etc you used in the shot you posted in the Café. In the "Fashion school" thread. Smile

The lighting on the shot in question were two white reflecting brollies and a third flash behind as a hair light. Brolly one was right of camera and the other was left of camera in front of the model. Using a brolly, reflector or shot through (Or other reflector or diffuser) relies on getting the brolly/softbox/reflector at the right distance to the model and also getting the flash unit at the right distance to the reflector/diffuser.
It is all about light source size in relation the subject size. It isn’t difficult but it seems the most common mistake is having the light source, - flash too close to the brolly or reflector. This results in fairly hard light when you are usually after soft lighting, it makes the idea of using a brolly useless.
Light from flash units is very predictable and easy to control.