Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NEX-7 and CZ Distagon 2.8/25 CY
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: NEX-7 and CZ Distagon 2.8/25 CY Reply with quote

Last week I bought a little camera gear with Contax RTSII (incl. Motor/Winder), a 1.4/50 Planar AEJ, a Vario-Sonnar 4/80-200 MMJ and a Distagon 2.8/25 MMJ and very nice old leather case.

I will sell the first 3 items and the case within the next days here at the market place.

Today I tried out the Distagon during a short walk at high noon on my testdrive, our 400 years old graveyard nearby. Until I do not find something better it seems that this lens will be my standard MF lens for this cam in the future. All pics out of the cam in JPG and a little bit sharpen during resize.

NEX-7 with CZ Distagon 2.8/25mm and Kipon to Nex adapter, ISO 100 all wide open.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, a beautiful lens, and a perfect FL on 1.5 crop. congrats! does the size of the lens feel good to you on this camera?

also, i'm curious about how you feel this camera's sensor handles highlights. it appears to me from many many sony mirrorless pictures ive seen, the sony sensor appears to not render details in very simple highlights. now that may just be how i see it, or how my monitor replicates it, so your opinion on that would be meaningful to me.
tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

I believe it is at the limit but still ok. Normally I prefer Olympus OM lenses with the NEX-5 and 7. They are not bad either but the CZ feeling is missing Rolling Eyes

Below a size comparision between the CZ 2.8/25 and the Zuiko Auto-W MC 2.8/24 which is about 20 % shorter.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
also, i'm curious about how you feel this camera's sensor handles highlights. it appears to me from many many sony mirrorless pictures ive seen, the sony sensor appears to not render details in very simple highlights. now that may just be how i see it, or how my monitor replicates it, so your opinion on that would be meaningful to me.
tony

Hi Tony,

didn´t notice this until now. But I must say that I shot 99 % in RAW with more or less PP behind.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf

I have been using this lens as my "go to" lens on the Nex5N for a while now. Classic, superlative Zeiss.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series!
how are the borders on the Nex7 ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice series!

Thanks Poilu but what did you mean with "borders" ? (corners ... ?)

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
poilu wrote:
nice series!

Wink

yes, by borders I mean the edges of the photo including corners

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why sell the lenses? They're all brilliant!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Why sell the lenses? They're all brilliant!

I own them already.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Rolf wrote:
poilu wrote:
nice series!

Wink

yes, by borders I mean the edges of the photo including corners

Hi Poilu,

I feel they are ok especially with the original E mount lenses.

I have read also the comments about problems with the sensor but I must say that I adjust and crop etc nearly every picture so I have no "problems" with soft or unsharp corners.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a full frame so you are not really shooting into the edges of the lens. My experience on the Nex5N suggests that it is relatively even across the frame, and little distortion - but my tired old eyes are not really good at pixel peeping

patrickh Embarassed