Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New EOS-Contax adapter on the block!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: New EOS-Contax adapter on the block! Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

In the photo it looks like the HappyPageHK adapter but without the chip. In reality, the adapter is slightly different, but with perfect infinity focus and no lens movement at all! It's actually machined BETTER than the HappyPageHK adapter (which was previously my favourite). No chip on this one thuogh, so be prepared to spend another £10.00 with Big_is for the EMF chip to glue on.

I bought mine for £29.99, but it's gone up £9.00 now though.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own this one from Alex (hk300) with no problems at 1DsMkIII. He checked the adapter before at a 50D, no problems too. No infinity issues.

Sorry for the bad image quality.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same one from Alex (hk300). The only thing is that the chip died. While I am waiting for a replacement, I've taped over the chip contacts and it's working well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought this one from big_is. No infinity issues (or so it seems), but the ring is extremely loose when mounted on the lens. It is also loose on the camera. By saying "loose" I mean that even the (supplied) EOS cap does not stay put on it - it falls off when the lens is picked up. It's a good idea, but they are not there yet; need to build this to much higher tolerances, just as the price suggests. I got better luck with some adapters that cost about 40% of the price of this "premium" piece, yet they all focus slightly beyond infinity, including the premium line from Happypagehk.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one with AF chip from seller fuhaoda (USA) on ebay. Any body tried this one? Maybe a little bit expensive ~ 60GBP but I am really impressive with the adapter. Lens very tight, the chip is really sensitivity, focus accurate... infinity focus is support. I can recommend this seller!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longmilan84 wrote:
I bought one with AF chip from seller fuhaoda (USA) on ebay. Any body tried this one? Maybe a little bit expensive ~ 60GBP but I am really impressive with the adapter. Lens very tight, the chip is really sensitivity, focus accurate... infinity focus is support. I can recommend this seller!

Is infinity focus *exactly* at hard infinity stop of the lens, or can you focus slightly beyond infinity? If it's the latter, then the adapter is just a regular Chinese one. If, however, the infinity stop with the adapter matches exact infinity stop of the lens, it's a notch above. To me, it looks like Chinese ones (e.g. Click here to see on Ebay - exactly the same chip design), but then again, it might be produced with tighter tolerances than ordninary stuff.