Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Asahiflex Adapter (ramir73: recommended seller)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: New Asahiflex Adapter (ramir73: recommended seller) Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm cross-posting this information here and in the adapter subforum, just to make sure it reaches the maximum number of readers. If it belongs exclusively in one place or the other, I hope the Admins will delete the redundant thread.

I wanted to let folks know about the availability of a new adapter for Asahiflex (37mm thread) lenses. It's a simple M37-to-M42 threaded step-up ring, similar in principle to the rings used to adapt 39mm Zenit lenses to M42.

There have been other Asahiflex adapters available, of course. There was the factory M37-to-M42 adapter offered by Pentax back in the day, of course; that adapter has been duplicated by others over the years. I own one of the copies, and it works well, but - as I recall - its thickness does not allow for infinity focus. (That's not a criticism of the copy; my understanding is that the same was true of the factory model.) And there was a custom M37-to-PK adapter offered some time ago by a former MFL member; I have that one as well.

What these little rings have going for them is simplicity and low cost; it's easy to leave them on one's A-flex lenses all the time (that, in turn, makes it easier to fit a rear cap, if one doesn't happen to have an original 37mm cap on hand).

Another side benefit is that they will also work on Tamron's so-called "Mini-T" lenses: the first generation of T-mounts, using a 37mm screw thread. In my case, the only Mini-T adapters I own are Exakta (somewhat useful) and Miranda screwmount (not terribly useful). This new adapter allows me to fit a short M42 extension tube in place of the proper Tamron adapter, approximating the correct register distance and greatly extending the adaptability of the lens in question.

Here's a link to the eBay listing: Click here to see on Ebay

(Because eBay listings have a finite lifespan, please note that the seller's eBay username is ramir73.)

The adapters are well made and finished, and the seller is gracious and responsive. I should add that I have no connection to the seller, other than as a satisfied customer.

Hope this is helpful!

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Just order a few for spare.

For NEX users, the infinity focus should not be a problem as I found my Big_is adapter will allow my m39 helios focus pass infinity.