Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

need help for buying vintage camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: need help for buying vintage camera Reply with quote

hi guys just curius how much should i spent for this beauty, any idea guys??

Zeiss Ikon Contessa LK w/ Carl Zeis 50mm Tessar Lens f/2.8 [RF]

KONIFLEX 120mm [TLR]

Zeiss Ikon Contarex w/ Carl Zeiss 50mm Planar Lens f/2 [SLR 35mm]

EXAKTA Mod IIa Ver8 SUPER ANTIXX

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3447/3725833492_60dfef1b09.jpg?v=0[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help with specifics; I recommend searching completed auctions on eBay to get a good idea of real values. In general terms, though:

The Contessa LK is not an expensive camera, I would probably put it under $50. The Koniflex is an uncommon model from a good name, I't value it at maybe 3 or 4 Contessas. The Contarex is a very collectable piece, I'd guess several hundred dollars there. The Exakta VXIIa is generally considered the high water mark of that brand, but the earlier version with script nameplate is more sought after than the one with block letters. I'd put this one a bit below the Koniflex in value. Watch out also for stiff, cracked or pinholed shutter curtains in the Exakta, which will render it unusable without repair and considerably decrease its value.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rick_oleson wrote:
I can't help with specifics; I recommend searching completed auctions on eBay to get a good idea of real values. In general terms, though:

The Contessa LK is not an expensive camera, I would probably put it under $50. The Koniflex is an uncommon model from a good name, I't value it at maybe 3 or 4 Contessas. The Contarex is a very collectable piece, I'd guess several hundred dollars there. The Exakta VXIIa is generally considered the high water mark of that brand, but the earlier version with script nameplate is more sought after than the one with block letters. I'd put this one a bit below the Koniflex in value. Watch out also for stiff, cracked or pinholed shutter curtains in the Exakta, which will render it unusable without repair and considerably decrease its value.

thank for the advice oleson Very Happy