Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My working rangefinders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: My working rangefinders Reply with quote

Yashica Lynx 14E IC, fixed Yashinon-DX 45/1.4:

Minolta A5, fixed Rokkor 45/2.8:

FED-2d with Industar-61 aboard:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice cameras - I like those Yashicas a lot, and the Fed! Nice shade on it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lynx seems a very nice package indeed. I have been looking for a deal on that for a while. How is it as a user ?

And that Fed is pretty much the most attractive of the Russians to my eyes. I have a Zorki 4 and it does not seem as well made.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lynx is fantastic as a user: parallax compensation moving frame lines; easy to see frame-grabbing frame lines; density and weight for handheld shots; a rangefinder just about as good as that on my former Bessa R; solid mechanics; a very accurate meter whose over/under signals are difficult to find in strong sunlight if my eye is not in the center of the window.
The hood on the FED is 40.5mm, and is one of those Chinese-made Leica copies. It also fits the A5. The ergonomics - and the somewhat higher weigh - of the FED somehow let me shoot with much-reduced tremor effect and shutter release stab, compared to the Bessa. I just could not position the Bessa without my forefinger torqueing the camera to the bottom right upon release.
The A5 is all mechnical and a fantastic shooter except for one thing: faded rangefinder patch. I have got to do something about that. It does not have light leaks but it does need new seals. The ergonomics of the A5 are a bit better than the Lynx, probably because it is a little smaller and I have small hands.
Thanks for the compliments. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the shot of the FED 2 resting on a fishing lure. You should shoot
the Eddie Bauer catalog! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Bill. I just use whatever is at hand ... Cool