Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My new toy m42 tamron adaptamatic.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: My new toy m42 tamron adaptamatic. Reply with quote

I got it from fleebay more than 1 month ago, it's stay in the US with my other MD lenses. I dont know what it is, and I thought it's Adaptall. But when I receive it today, lol that's adaptamatic with m42 mount.

Got some dust, but I've cleaned it. And because I have some stupid ice rains in April, I cant take more example outside.

With 29,99 usd, I think it's worth a try.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these for a little while. It is not a bad lens, not spectacular by any means but well made and has nice color and smooth bokeh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramcewan wrote:
I had one of these for a little while. It is not a bad lens, not spectacular by any means but well made and has nice color and smooth bokeh

Yeah, I've seen your pictures ramcewan, it's very good.
Well, after the snow rain, I was going to take some more pictures. Right after I've finished, there's continueing snowing. lol.

Color is very good for me, I like it alot.

I dont know if my focusing is bad, so the sharpness is not great, but now I realize one thing: I'm going to sell one of my two preset pentacon 200 f4.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Tamrom 35-80 and 28 2.8 adapt all. I have to say that I'm impressed by them. Not great, but good enough. Very cheap too!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad light is very bad indeed for long tele photography.

Among other things it can be much more difficult to achieve precise focus, which is critical.

For what its worth, I have this lens and I find it works rather well-

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-adaptamatic-300-5-6-my-last-adaptamatic-t14537,highlight,%2Badaptamatic.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-adaptamatic-300-5-6-at-the-zoo-t14618,highlight,%2Badaptamatic.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did like this lens alot too and regret selling it, but I have other 300mm primes and really only need one.

Here's one of my favorite shots with the Adapt-a-Matic 300mm, although the subject is not in center the detail is very good for this old lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW a Robin with blue feathers....you don't see that in the Uk.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
WoW a Robin with blue feathers....you don't see that in the Uk.

That's because it is north american blue bird, not a robin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ramcewan, I have looked your pictures, very beautiful birds.
Now I give some more examples for this lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I' started to like this 300/5.6 Tammy color

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples.
Adapt-a-matic was the forerunner for the Adaptall system of interchangeable mounts from Tamron.
I got one of those Adapt-a-matic 105mm with MD mount, and found elsewhere an Adapt-a-matic mount for M42. It was easy to swap one mount by the other, so I have a M42 105mm and a spare MD adapt-a-matic mount Wink.
The old Tamrons are really good. I would'nt get rid of them at all.

Regards.
Jes.