Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My journey through Armenia: Noratus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: My journey through Armenia: Noratus Reply with quote

I backpacked through Armenia in September/October. Noratus was one of the places I visited near the end of my journey. A small town near Lake Sevan, Noratus is world-famous for its field filled with 900 khachkars (a commemorative stone typical for Historical Armenia, often depicting a cross). No two stones are the same and the oldest date to medieval times (10th century).

I show 3 pictures here, but there are more on my zenfolio site: http://fotomachi.zenfolio.com/p56150058

Photos taken with Nikon D80 and 16-85mm VR lens - I know, not a MF lens by puritan definitions, but I don't think you see pictures from Armenia often, and I still focus manually often since the AF of the D80 is not that good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures! Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is great to visit a almost unknown country and return with images that show its unique character.
I like the first shot here #1, 5 and 7 in your gallery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing. I like #1 best.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting place!