Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My FED2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: My FED2 Reply with quote

S/N 6680745

I'm not entirely sure of the type as there is conflicting evidence on the web.

Pictured here with a Jupiter 8 lens, although it came to me with an Industar 26M but the flare is pretty bad with is so I have swapped to the Jupiter. I also have the Jupiter 3 & 11. The 3 is not yet tested.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a helpful link provided to me by a professional photog friend:

www.commiecameras.com/

hardly politically correct, but a respectful site.

oh, and i just saw your post on rangefinder forum. i am a new member there myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had that site bookmarked a while, thanks anyway as it is usefull to others. One other useful site that Poolhall alerted me to is http://www.fotoua.com/1.php?rd=4&st=7

Yes, I'm found in a few forums with this ID. Laughing I'm here more than the others though. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you loaded it yet? i am trying to figure if my fumble-fingered self can handle bottom loading in something less than 5 minutes ...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FED2 isn't a bottom loader. The whole back comes off so it's very easy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's right! hmmmmm ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late maybe but this site has some very useful production info on the FED range (and others):

http://www.sovietcams.com/index.php?1080963993

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've seen that site. It' looks like the D7 version on there, but I'm not sure what the official model is.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have saved the infamous Jim's site on hard drive and it says it should be a FED 2(f) V-11, the final one in the classic FED 2 shape, with approximate serial number range 113xxxx through 675xxxx. Here I quote:

"... The main difference between this version and the 'e' that preceeded it is obvious and subtle at the same time. On the obvious side, the body is covered with a nylon material rather than vulcanite, and there are no strap lugs. Otherwise, one would think it entirely the same as a FED-2(e), but such is not the case. Close examination of the body reveals that this version utilizes a different body casting, and while subtle, it blends attributes of the previous FED-2 models (essentially those which conform to the rangefinder width and its attendant top cover) with attributes of the FED-3 which was then simultaneously in production. However, all FED-2(f)s have the 'dual logo' engraving on its face and most typically these cameras were supplied with the sharp f2.8 I-61 'panda' lens."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! Looks different from the FED2 I know...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info Seele. Thanks

It gets called so many different names that I've given up caring, but it's good to know about the casing.