Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MY CAMERA !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: MY CAMERA ! Reply with quote

New for 2010 - a bitsa Contax II non matching back , circa 1937/8 etc with Kiev II shutter etc , new paint , revived rear leather , new front panels , polished ' sparkly ' chrome . Rebuilt in UKraine by ex-Arsenal Kiev techs .

Looks georgeous and works exquisitely .

It's special because I have identity / fragmentation glitches and I love continuity and sameness - it embodies the constancy of a camera made from 1936 until 1960 under two idealogies and , as it is now , it has no past .

Matched to a 1959 Jupiter 3 50mm f 1.5 in 1930s Sonnar mount , it's just perfect .

I love that 'cos sometimes it's more like being a caretaker of a vintage camera , conscious of it's past , preserving it's future - I have a near mint KneB II of 1952 , and a Contax III rebuilt from a broken camera , which have this effect .

Maybe it's daft to prefer a camera which I have rescued against all odds - a valueless bitsa at that , but this time IT"S REALLY PERSONAL !

maybe this is Autism calling , but do others feel like this sometimes .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: MY CAMERA ! Reply with quote

dee wrote:
I love that 'cos sometimes it's more like being a caretaker of a vintage camera , conscious of it's past , preserving it's future - I have a near mint KneB II of 1952 , and a Contax III rebuilt from a broken camera , which have this effect .

Maybe it's daft to prefer a camera which I have rescued against all odds - a valueless bitsa at that , but this time IT"S REALLY PERSONAL !

maybe this is Autism calling , but do others feel like this sometimes .

Sure I do.. The continuity and sameness is the oneness of the phenomenon called photography.

Sometimes it is easier to identify the unidentified...you know what I mean Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to post a picture of it.. Very Happy