Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MTO 1000A Cleaned
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: MTO 1000A Cleaned Reply with quote

Finally managed to get the front elements out of my monster russian mirror to be properly cleaned.

The trick is this tiny screw hiding under the integral lens hood. It locks the front lens ring.

Re-assembled and tested.

I can live with the bokeh!

Sharpness is OK, not brilliant.....

but acceptable.....

even with a cheapo 2x TC taking it up to 2200mm focal length Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work! I wouldn't dare try and take something that big to bits Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a monster! Congrats for your cleaning job ! Any plan to use this lens ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

It's my main "moon lens" but, because it has been dirty, I haven't had brilliant results with it. I am hoping to have a go tonight if the weather is kind.

I haven't really got the strength or the stamina to take it walkabout though Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Excellent work! I wouldn't dare try and take something that big to bits Laughing

Bigger is generally easier I find Smile It's the really tiny fiddly aperture mechanisms I don't get on with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
Attila wrote:

It's my main "moon lens" but, because it has been dirty, I haven't had brilliant results with it. I am hoping to have a go tonight if the weather is kind.

I haven't really got the strength or the stamina to take it walkabout though Smile

I look forward your moon shoots I expect impressive results from your 2000mm combo.