Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mount question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Mount question Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I've bought a Fujica macro bellow with a Vivitar 135 3.5 attached to it.
The lens mout is M42, but I'm not sure what the bellow mount is... The guy that sold it to me said it was on a nikon camera but wasn't sure at all.
The black ring with the red dot moves feely about a quater turn.

Anyone knows?

Thank's a lot!

Antoine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit...
Coudn't see my pics, now it's working... Wink

Antoine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bellows mount looks like a Canon FD?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antoinem wrote:
Edit...
Coudn't see my pics, now it's working... Wink

Antoine

it's anti-spam measure for the first post of the new member. in further posts your photos will show

on topic: have you tried to unscrew the mount of the bellows? it looks like Canon FD mount that is attached on the original m42 mount

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Mount question Reply with quote

Antoinem wrote:
The lens mout is M42, but I'm not sure what the bellow mount is...

Salut Antoine Smile
Your bellows looks like it has a Canon FL/FD breech lock mount. Also, I suspect your M42 lens is, in fact, a T-mount lens. The lens probably has 0.75mm threads, instead of 1.0mm for the regular M42 mount. Once the lens comes off, you should be left with a Canon T-mount adapter on the front of the bellows. At least this is what it looks like to me. Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Mount question Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
Antoinem wrote:
The lens mout is M42, but I'm not sure what the bellow mount is...

Salut Antoine Smile
Your bellows looks like it has a Canon FL/FD breech lock mount. Also, I suspect your M42 lens is, in fact, a T-mount lens. The lens probably has 0.75mm threads, instead of 1.0mm for the regular M42 mount. Once the lens comes off, you should be left with a Canon T-mount adapter on the front of the bellows. At least this is what it looks like to me. Cheers

Absolutely - possibly it has an M42 to FD adapter but the T-mount is more likely given its vintage.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merci!

I've removed the lens, at first nothing; but then I noticed three tiny set screws. I don't have a sdrewdriver small enough but you guys are probably right.

On the bellow side, once the mount ring is removed, there is just a hole... smooth, no markings of any kind. They probably had tons of differents mount rings at the factory.

So my best and simplest move now would be to get a canon to nex adaptator? Would there be another way?
Is anyone familiar with this lens? Any opinions on it?

Thank you for the help!!
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get an adaptor as you said. There are a lot of other FD fit lenses out there to try too. I've got adaptors for 12 different fittings for my NEX now. You never know...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super! Thank's!
Very Happy