Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MIR24N to nex adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: MIR24N to nex adapter? Reply with quote

The Nikon F to nex is the good one?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I buy KIPON adapters. They are a liitle bit more expensive (perhaps 5 to 10 €) but the overall quality is excellent.
For the Nikon glass I bought another Chinese one with a tripod mount. If you have heavy Nikon tele lenses I believe that this is a good idea to disburden the cam mount.

Nikon lenses or other brand names with Nikon mount (AI, AI-s) will work without a problem with the NEX

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Normally I buy KIPON adapters. They are a liitle bit more expensive (perhaps 5 to 10 €) but the overall quality is excellent.
For the Nikon glass I bought another Chinese one with a tripod mount. If you have heavy Nikon tele lenses I believe that this is a good idea to disburden the cam mount.

Nikon lenses or other brand names with Nikon mount (AI, AI-s) will work without a problem with the NEX

Wink

That's my first Nikon mount lens ,I am not familiar with , but if I understand well all nikon lenses fit on the Nikon F mount .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Nikon mount is not changed all are F mount.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Rolf wrote:

Wink

That's my first Nikon mount lens ,I am not familiar with , but if I understand well all nikon lenses fit on the Nikon F mount .

No. There are different MF versions on the market (non-AI or pre-Ai, Ai and AI-S) and of course the newer AF mounts. All are F mounts but if you would use a non-Ai lens without modification with a modern DSLR you would destroy the cam. So be careful with older non-AI lenses. Not sure whether they will work with an adaper without modification. Never tried it out and unfortunately I do not own such a lens at the moment to test it for you.

Regarding non-Ai lenses and the modification (you can do it by yourself by rasping down a ring) try the search function here. There are several threads about this issue.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I digged the net and found that it's an AI Nikon f mount . so the adapter to the Sony nex is going to accept AI lenses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
I digged the net and found that it's an AI Nikon f mount . so the adapter to the Sony nex is going to accept AI lenses

In your case all are same, to a Sony NEX adapter no matter AI, AIS, NON-AI etc etc,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
yinyangbt wrote:

In your case all are same, to a Sony NEX adapter no matter AI, AIS, NON-AI etc etc,

As I thaught .Thank you , both.