Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir 20H -Arsenal Copy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Mir 20H -Arsenal Copy Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/MC-Mir-20-lens-20mm-f3-5-M42-screw-mount-MINT_W0QQitemZ300262427292QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300262427292&_trkparms=72%3A1205|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Could be a really good deal for anyone interested! The H (which is a N in Cyrillic) denotes that this was for Nikon. But all of these type have interchangeable mounts, one being m42 like the one shown. His prices are really low because he doesn't accept paypal.

~Marc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this lens as many Russian made with different mounts, if you have another genuine mount , just some screw.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a MIR 24 H (N). The Nikon/Kiev mount simply lifts off, after the removal of three screws. It can be replaced - I think - by an M42 mount - if you've got one ! I've seen some lenses advertised with the two different mounts, and I think that I've seen members of this forum receiving two mounts. But I don't think that I've seen individual mounts advertised.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I believe the interchangeable ones for these older lenses are m39, m42, and Nikon because the Soviets made cameras with these mounts. I've never seen an interchangeable k mount, though I know the cameras exist. Any other would not make much sense. There are however lenses with a H (coming usually from arsenal - Ukrainian) and A (usually coming from KMZ - Russian), both of which can be changed over but the mounts are not compatible. The more modern lenses like peleng and zenitar can come in all sorts of mounts.

~Marc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can reply to my own post !!! I bought a Telear-N (3.5/200) From Richard_D. It has a Nikon/Kiev 19 mount. But he supplied an M42 mount as well. I'd forgotten !!! I didn't sleep well last night.

@Marc I once saw a Helios 44K on ebay but it's the only K lens I've seen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of Russian K-mount lenses, the Volna 50/1.8 and the Variozenitar 25-45, but it seems that only the Nikon fit lenses for the Kiev cameras come with an m42 end as well. With the K-mount cameras 212k and KM plus etc usually comes an m42 to k mount adapter when new, but K-mount lenses just seem to come as K-mount. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, I should have been more clear. I only meant that I've never seen the lenses designed for interchangeable mounts having k ones. I know there are soviet k lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ ...moleman... I think you are right. It's M42 or Nikon but nothing else for this set of lenses.

@Seymore Again I think you are right. Each lens can have two mounts. But the mounts are not necessarily switchable between lenses. So the Telear-N has mounts with 4 screws, and the mounts can't be used on the MIR 24 for example. The MIR 24N mount might or might not fit on the MIR 20M.

I'm sure that this discussion has been had before. At least once anyway..

http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?id=3085

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the Soviet 'A' lenses have a universal mount (basically a T-Mount) other lenses have lens specific mounts, and as mentioned you'll be lucky to find the right one sold separately.