Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MIR-1 37/2.8, is it worth it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: MIR-1 37/2.8, is it worth it? Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170575413465&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

what do you think? if i could grab it for $30 is it worth it? or should i just wait and spend more money on a different lens?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: MIR-1 37/2.8, is it worth it? Reply with quote

gearsNcogs wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170575413465&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

what do you think? if i could grab it for $30 is it worth it? or should i just wait and spend more money on a different lens?

I have the 1V lens and it's a good lens. It's a copy of Zeiss Flektogon. See this page for more info.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this lens a lot, just sold it because it gets into the way of the 5D mirror.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two, one black and one silver! This lens is bang for the bucks Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan, maybe mine was just a bad copy but it was never that sharp, the colours and contrast weren't right and it was downright impossible to focus with a modern viewfinder. You could find a Super Tak 35 3.5 for that much, a decent lens but the colours are a little strong for my liking.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the replies and opinions! i decided to put a $30.00 bid on it, we'll see what happens.[/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gearsNcogs wrote:
thanks for the replies and opinions! i decided to put a $30.00 bid on it, we'll see what happens.

If you lost, there's also one on sale here: http://www.mflenses.com/index.php?option=com_listbingo&task=ads.view&adid=212-mir-1-37mm-f-28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogolisk wrote:
gearsNcogs wrote:
thanks for the replies and opinions! i decided to put a $30.00 bid on it, we'll see what happens.

If you lost, there's also one on sale here: http://www.mflenses.com/index.php?option=com_listbingo&task=ads.view&adid=212-mir-1-37mm-f-28

Unfortunately, the US dollar is rather weak to the Euro, so the sale here is out of my price range. thanks for the help though!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of this lens would you suggest? Are there drastic differences between the them?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sold my mir 1b 'coz it difficult to decide where is the focus, it look on focus, but after button pressed, Itsn't on focus.
If its in focus, its sharp enough

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird, my copy focusses easily, and I love using the stop down ring to tune the bokeh. The Russian colours are great too.

That hood on the lens for sale looks possibly a bit narrow to me. I once had one like that on the lens when I took this pic! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
That's weird, my copy focusses easily, and I love using the stop down ring to tune the bokeh. The Russian colours are great too.

That hood on the lens for sale looks possibly a bit narrow to me. I once had one like that on the lens when I took this pic! Smile

Nice photo! I ended up not getting that lens (at the last minute the price jumped up too high for me), so that lens hood isn't an issue at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Mir-1 BV that I almost never use on my Pentax K20D because the flash snood looms over the lens, whose aperture numbers are at the base and thus very difficult to read. However, it is great with my Praktica FX3 with its top viewfinder. Looking down to compose a shot, all the numbers are easily visible. Whether you get much use from it depends on what camera mounts it and how patient you are.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
I have a Mir-1 BV that I almost never use on my Pentax K20D because the flash snood looms over the lens, whose aperture numbers are at the base and thus very difficult to read. However, it is great with my Praktica FX3 with its top viewfinder. Looking down to compose a shot, all the numbers are easily visible. Whether you get much use from it depends on what camera mounts it and how patient you are.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to be using it primarily on my Canon Rebel XTi, but I'll slap it on my Spotmatic or my Krasnagorsk-3 from time to time Smile . Generally I'm pretty patient with MF lenses, since I'm not too quick with getting focus with them yet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
I have a Mir-1 BV that I almost never use on my Pentax K20D because the .... aperture numbers are at the base and thus very difficult to read. However, it is great with my Praktica FX3 with its top viewfinder. Looking down to compose a shot, all the numbers are easily visible. Whether you get much use from it depends on what camera mounts it and how patient you are.

Out of interest, are you using an original Pentax adapter or a cheap copy?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
RioRico wrote:
I have a Mir-1 BV that I almost never use on my Pentax K20D because the .... aperture numbers are at the base and thus very difficult to read.

Out of interest, are you using an original Pentax adapter or a cheap copy?

I have and use 1) the Official Pentax adapter, 2) the cheap Bower-type clone, and 3) the safe flanged non-infinity-focus type. The adapter makes no significant difference.

Correction: The focus numbers are obscured, not the aperture numbers. I wrote the above when I was away from home and didn't have the lens in hand. Now I'm home, and I have the Mir on the K20D, and it is just as bothersome as I recalled.

A related problem is that the focus ring is right up against the body, and the overhanging flash snood doesn't leave much room for my fat fingers to manipulate the focus. There is no problem when I mount the Mir on my ZX-M or Spotty or other camera with no overhang, and it seems to have been made for the Praktica FX3 with its top-down viewfinder -- all lens numbers are readily visible.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:

A related problem is that the focus ring is right up against the body, and the overhanging flash snood doesn't leave much room for my fat fingers to manipulate the focus. There is no problem when I mount the Mir on my ZX-M or Spotty or other camera with no overhang, and it seems to have been made for the Praktica FX3 with its top-down viewfinder -- all lens numbers are readily visible.

My Helios 44 also has the focus ring right up against the body of the camera. I usually dont mind the focus markings being obstructed, but having the lens that close to the body is rather frustrating purely because it's less accessible. That lens also has a stiff focus ring, and I've accidentally unscrewed that lens from the camera when i was trying to adjust the focus -- but now I'm getting a bit off topic Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir-1 is not interesting.
Mir-20 cool on 35mm or FF. 20/3,5 macro 18см.

www.zenitcamera.com/archive/lenses/mir-1.html

www.zenitcamera.com/archive/lenses/mir-20.html

I have МС Мир-20М(80$, not new), not like only design.
Мир-20М - normal design, МС Мир-20М multi coated, but the design fail.