Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta SRT100X vs SRT101
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:35 pm    Post subject: Minolta SRT100X vs SRT101 Reply with quote

Hi all,

New here but been around cameras for nearly 50 years. Just recently started playing with film again and looking at an SRT100X with Minolta 35-70 f3.5 for a very reasonable sum from my local camera shop.

Its somewhat confusing what the difference is between the 100x and the 101. I know the 100X doesn't have a self timer (which doesn't bother me as I really shouldn't be in front of any camera lens) but what else is missing?

Thanks all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to he forum!

The SR-T 100X was introduced in 1977 and was the successor of the SR-T 100b, and as such it is a very late (last) model in the SR-T series of cameras.

Compared to the much earlier SR-T 101 (1966) as far as I know the differences are:

The 100X has no self-timer, the 101 does
The 100X has no mirror lock-up, the 101 does
The 100X doesn't show the chosen shutter speed in the finder, the 101 does

On the other hand the SR-T 101 doesn't have a hot-shoe for the flash but only a couple of flash-sync cable contacts, whereas the 100X has a flash hot shoe.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
Welcome to he forum!

The SR-T 100X was introduced in 1977 and was the successor of the SR-T 100b, and as such it is a very late (last) model in the SR-T series of cameras.

Compared to the much earlier SR-T 101 (1966) as far as I know the differences are:

The 100X has no self-timer, the 101 does
The 100X has no mirror lock-up, the 101 does
The 100X doesn't show the chosen shutter speed in the finder, the 101 does

On the other hand the SR-T 101 doesn't have a hot-shoe for the flash but only a couple of flash-sync cable contacts, whereas the 100X has a flash hot shoe.

Thanks for the info!
Given none of those particularly matter to me I'm tempted to get the SRT100X with 35-70 (yes it's the final version).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage_Photographer wrote:

Thanks for the info!
Given none of those particularly matter to me I'm tempted to get the SRT100X with 35-70 (yes it's the final version).

Well, since they are at your local camera shop and the shutter works without batteries, I would simply try both of them and see which one has the best/most consistent shutter feel and accuracy. At an average 55~ish years old those shutter curtain cylinder springs can get a bit gummed up.

Or, if the price is good just go for the 100X mostly for the 35-70 lens (although a good condition 35-70/3.5 isn't very expensive by itself).