Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Rokkor-PG MC 58mm f1.2 SONY NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Minolta Rokkor-PG MC 58mm f1.2 SONY NEX-3 Reply with quote

Lens is member Pontus property, lens had faulty very oily blades, seems somebody would fix eat at home and made oil bath for poor lens. Even some glass elements was covered with oil entirely. Now lens is fixed by my repair man Charles and before I send it to back I did ask permission from Pontus to play with it a little. I did use my usual test place for fast lenses , St Stephen Basilica. All shoots are wide open and handheld with different ISO settings from 200 to 3200,except outdoor pictures from building. No sharpening applied, convert from camera raw to jpg. With proper PP this is a stunning lens and without that still show well how good I think.

Last edited by Attila on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, impressive lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm absolutely stunned by the image quality at 1.2 wide open. I've always thought of this lens as a portrait lens or a "special mood" lens only, but it is obviously so much more. I'm going to have so much fun with this one. Thanks for the test. Are you going to get one?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
I'm absolutely stunned by the image quality at 1.2 wide open. I've always thought of this lens as a portrait lens or a "special mood" lens only, but it is obviously so much more. I'm going to have so much fun with this one. Thanks for the test. Are you going to get one?

Thank you too ! I already have two 1.2 lens Pentax and Konica I not plan to take Minolta even if it is stunning for sure. Konica is match with my collector line Konica, Pentax just damn good Wink like this one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice on NEX, I think I will convert mine back from EF to it's original mount and get a Rokkor-X to match my new 28/2 which is EF mount.