Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Rokkor PF 55 1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Minolta Rokkor PF 55 1.7 Reply with quote

I have a new toy coming. Very Happy This is the fastest of the 55mm series.
Made in the early to late 60's in MC1 and MC2 version and that's it. This is one of Minolta's orphan lenses. There were no later versions.

I've never tried the 55 1.7, so I thought it would be fun to give it a try.
Paid my normal price ofcourse. Smile Hopefully it will be a nice one. Can't really tell anything by the front photo. I'm hoping it has front and rear caps. By the listing it sounds like it does, but the description is kinda weird.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar in looks to my Petri 1.8/55 of which I have three copies and all are excellent. It's a mid 60s lens so if yours is similar optically it should be a good pne.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I might for fun test it against my Mamiya Sekor 55 1.8. Which is a lens I really like.
I haven't tried Petri lenses yet but I've been tempted. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that same lens & it is a sweet one. Here are some shots with it on tubes:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Thanks, I might for fun test it against my Mamiya Sekor 55 1.8. Which is a lens I really like.
I haven't tried Petri lenses yet but I've been tempted. Very Happy

Petri 1.8/55 is superb, there is a 2/55 verison a well, not tried that.

I also have a 2.8/35 that doesn't seem sharp at all, but I converted it to EF for EOS so that might be why.

I also have 135 and 200mm Petris, not tried either yet as I now have a Petri SLR and intend to try them on film first to see if they are worth converting.

1.8/55 samples, all wide open, very sharp and I love the bokeh:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
I have that same lens & it is a sweet one. Here are some shots with it on tubes:

Thanks,
Looks great Ron. Hopefully my copy is as good. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ian.
I might pick up a 1.8 55 Petri to try. Really like the Bokeh. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it today, condition wise EXC to EXC +. Beautiful correct front lens cap.What I couldn't understand by the description was whether it had a rear cap or not. It didn't. It was mounted in a Minolta lens bubble. Very Happy
The lens bubble is newer but very nice. I will try to post new pics of the lens tomorrow.
I got home late and only had a few minutes before it was to dark to shoot. I snapped off about 10 shots individually. I focused for each shot.
They were very consistant, which is suprising. The one problem I had is I shot in AV mode at let the camera choose the exposure. Embarassed Evil or Very Mad
With work and doctors appointments for my Dad I won't be able to reshoot these for several days. Crying or Very sad
I bumped the contrast on these a little and resized them but nothing else.
I can't really tell much untill I reshoot, but I have a good feeling. The focus is a hair off, but It's so humid here as soon as I walked outside the veiwfinder fogged up, and there wasn't time to let it clear. It was like shooting thru thick fog. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need a free day to shoot with this lens.This is shot at f5.6. A little more practice and I will get there, hopefully. Very Happy It would be sharper if I had a viewscreen magnifier. I just can't see good enough to nail focus. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the exact same lens a week ago.

here is a lens test album at a local rose garden.

Let me see if I can link two images below

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens was for years the most common kitlens for the SRT101, so it must be easy to get one. Funny is I never was aware don't have one now Laughing .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
The lens was for years the most common kitlens for the SRT101, so it must be easy to get one. Funny is I never was aware don't have one now Laughing .

I think for the price versus performance they are one of the better Minolta bargains. Atleast for me. I really like the bokeh of this lens.
I never updated the photos of the lens, but they are the listing photos. The lens is actually EXC. to EXC+ condition with corect front cap, and a lens bubble came with it.
I got mine for USD $4.99 + shipping. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eno789 wrote:
I just got the exact same lens a week ago.

here is a lens test album at a local rose garden.

Let me see if I can link two images below

Cheers!

Thanks for posting. Really good examples of the beautiful Bokeh this lens produces. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I am impressed by the quality of this Minolta 55 mm lens.

Is there another normal Minolta lens better than this?

Very nice contrast and resolution power.

Rino