Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD Rokkor-X 45mm f2 on the NEX-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD Rokkor-X 45mm f2 on the NEX-5 Reply with quote

New hired. So far a nice lens, not big in size, convenient focal distance and seems to be not a bad performer.

On the NEX-5:

@F2

100% crop:

I like the colouring.
Sharpness @F2 has to be tried again (my sight is not very good and I've got problems to focus properly).
Bokeh seems to be quite discrete.
Anyone else having this lens?

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens, I like it a lot. Technically, it's not as sharp as the Rokkor-PF 1.7/50 or the Hexanon 1.7/50 but it's a sharp lens still.

What I love about it is it's character, the colours are very rich and the rendering has a smoothness that I really like, wide open it is quite sharp and has very smooth transition from in focus to out of focus.

A very good lens for certain subjects, imho.

Wide open on NEX-3:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the MD Rokkor 45mm/2.8 without the -X. Don't know what's the difference if any, to me it looks identical. It's decent enough but nothing spectacular. I haven't used it much since I got the 50/1.4. I'd sell it but I don't think I'd get much for it. What I like about it is that it's very small and light, in fact the smalles and lightest SR mount lens I have.

Here's a couple of shots, first one on film, second on APS-C digital.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian and Miran for your comments, I've to try it more deeply but I like it for its size and rendering.

Miran: Rokkor and Rokkor-X (If I'm not wrong) were the same identical lenses but sold in US or Europe with this difference.
So you should be right, both them are equal Wink

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one on the way and a 50/1.7

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
I have one on the way and a 50/1.7

patrickh

Good choice, congrats!

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miran

If your lens is the elusive Rokkor TD 45/2.8, put it on eBay and you will be very surprise. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of a Rokkor TD 50/2.8. As I said, mine is exactly the same as the lens pictured in the first post of this thread minus the X. And as Jesito explained this difference was just because they named it differently for different markets.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
I've never heard of a Rokkor TD 50/2.8.

Tessar 45mm/2.8 design from 1964, real pancake model.
No MC or MD coupling, for SR cameras.
Rare but not very good AFAIK.