Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 50/1.2 soft cinematic look for nighttime
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:30 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 50/1.2 soft cinematic look for nighttime Reply with quote

I've recently purchased a nice MD-iii 50/1.2 and have shot with it a bit the last few days. Let's be honest, we don't buy a 1.2 lens to stop it down... there are enough great slightly slower 50s for that Wink

So I've shot it mainly in low light, and as with most fast old fast lenses the strong highlights found in these scenes seem to glow. Slight editing makes it very easy to achieve a gritty but still dreamy look on certain photos, similar for example to some frames from chungking express. I'm looking forward to filming with this and shooting concerts!

Zürich, between Limmatplatz, Langstrasse and HB
A7iii, Minolta MD50/1.2, wide open. Iso between 500 and 2500. First one cropped 5x4 to help composition.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But of course it also handles daylight flower shots ^^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marius.zaech wrote:
But of course it also handles daylight flower shots ^^

Nice one !