Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 2.8/35 summer shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:54 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 2.8/35 summer shots Reply with quote

Hey fellows, why not bringing here some carefree (or dramatic!) summer shots taken with Minolta MD 2.8/35? Many of you appreciate the lens' qualities. So, pretty sure there would be some pleasure that the summer doubles. Shots from any year are welcome.

I am starting with several images of mine, taken with Sony Nex. Nothing special, just summer colours and shapes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta MD 2.8/35 summer shots Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Hey fellows, why not bringing here some carefree (or dramatic!) summer shots taken with Minolta MD 2.8/35? Many of you appreciate the lens' qualities. So, pretty sure there would be some pleasure that the summer doubles. Shots from any year are welcome.

I am starting with several images of mine, taken with Sony Nex. Nothing special, just summer colours and shapes.

Good idea and nice shots!

I was out on a long trip yesterday to a beautiful location called Ingbokällorna with natural springs.

In the bag was a Sony a7 and Zuiko 24mm f2.8, MD Rokkor 35mm f2.8 and Zuiko 50mm f1.4.

The best shots were taken with the 24mm but I took a few with the Minolta:

#1 Endless blueberries, I ate a lot!

[/code]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice place! Thank you for sharing. Have you seen there some mushrooms or berries? The moss looks promising.

I have too some "real" summer shots to show.

#1 Cropped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots and colors, I don't own this exact lens but I have the MC-X f/1.8 version. Here are some summer colors, also shot on NEX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectacular colors and shapes. The warm sunny shades are very attractive!

Some green:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 wow guys!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots guys!

Here are a few more with the MD Rokkor 35mm f2.8.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots! And so mild pastel blues.

I have another one, with blues and greens closer to primitive ones.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been several days for now that the weather changed, the sky is more often grey than blue and it rains quite systematically. Could you please fellows add some more summer shots?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Alex, I can't lift your spirits, we also had a few foggy and rainy days. Some are already preparing for the winter season... or maybe they lost their car up here 60 years ago

Shot on Sony A9 + MC 35/1.8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
It has been several days for now that the weather changed, the sky is more often grey than blue and it rains quite systematically. Could you please fellows add some more summer shots?

Here are some for inspiration for sunny days!

MD Rokkor 35mm f2.8

#5 Kodak Gold 200

#7 Kodak Gold 200

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last one is awesome, this lens renders more natural on film than digital

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

Thanks! Yeah I love film, wish my digital camera too shots like that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouks wrote:
Sorry Alex, I can't lift your spirits, we also had a few foggy and rainy days. Some are already preparing for the winter season... or maybe they lost their car up here 60 years ago

Shot on Sony A9 + MC 35/1.8

What a great and witty shot! Thank you so much for the cheers.

Blotafton, a lovely series!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:

What a great and witty shot! Thank you so much for the cheers.

Thanks and glad you liked it

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
kiddo wrote:

Nice pics, I also need to try mine on film someday. As the best lens deals I find always come in bundles, I have accumulated a bunch of Minolta bodies that I never used, which is a shame when I think about it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouks wrote:
blotafton wrote:
kiddo wrote:

Nice pics, I also need to try mine on film someday. As the best lens deals I find always come in bundles, I have accumulated a bunch of Minolta bodies that I never used, which is a shame when I think about it.

Thanks! I can highly recommend trying shooting a roll. If you have a X-300, X-G or similar I've had film advance issues with them resulting in overlap.

The X-700 is my favorite.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Thanks! I can highly recommend trying shooting a roll. If you have a X-300, X-G or similar I've had film advance issues with them resulting in overlap.

The X-700 is my favorite.

There was a nice SRT-101 in my last bundle. For some reason, someone thought it was a good idea to paint the body with Tipp-Ex but otherwise everything seems to be working fine, there is even a new roll inside.. I have no idea for how many decades it has been sitting there but I'll try to shoot it.

There were far more valuable stuff in this jackpot lot so basically I got everything in this picture for free. Shot on my MC 35/1.8 so it kind of belongs to this thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mouks"]
blotafton wrote:

That's a nice catch!

I've never used a SRT 101 but I think it has a mechanical shutter that works without batteries and you can use a light meter app on your phone instead of messing with replacement batteries.

And overexpose with expired negative film.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following shots are not directly related to the summer, just a couple of colourful and shapy ones. Items exposed at Paris Museum of Natural History. Always Minolta MD 2.8/35 on Sony Nex, handheld.

The weather and the light are flickering here,

#4 between this

#5 and this

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally got a careless sunny day, in a nice place, with Minolta MD 2.8/35 on my "walkman" Nex. Given that happened on August 31, that was the legitimate end of summer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics. And a lovely lens. This Minolta is one of the best 35mm I have used.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! The lens renders lovely, not simply sharp.