Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 7D Battery Life Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Minolta 7D Battery Life Question Reply with quote

A good friend has loaned me his 7D which he is going to sell. The battery life is really poor, it seems to drain it in a matter of minutes.

There are 2 batteries but neither seems to work very long. I've just ordered a new battery in the hope that that fixes it, but if not, were these known to eat batteries or were there known faults with these cameras? A shame if it's dead as I quite fancy it for myself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most probably those two batteries are near the end of their lives. Minolta 7D came out early part of 2005. Definitely batteries at that time don't last as long as the one newer cameras use, but I think should at least last 300 photos per charge.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a new battery now, and it got to 60 shots before the low power indicator came on. Something is quite wrong with it. There is no drain when it is switched off, just very short life in use.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you able to continue shooting after the low battery indication is on? How about if you turn off and on again, is the low battery indication still on?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troubleshooting with the info given should focus on either camera or battery charger, one of them is not healthy.

Try how many photos you can take with both LCD and Anti shake off.
Also, set sleep and preview times to shortest possible in the menu.

/T