Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Micro-Nikkor -P.C 3.5/55mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:34 pm    Post subject: Micro-Nikkor -P.C 3.5/55mm Reply with quote

Recently I inherited a nice set of a Nikkormat EL and some lenses. I tried the Micro-Nikkor because it seems to have some reputation. Here are some results.
Lex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, it’s a nice and (very) sharp lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it certainly is sharp! And that on a film that was expired in 2015!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite lenses.
My copy is the old "P" only variant, and saw heavy use before I came along.
It still works well, if not a little bit stiffly.

At f5.6 here, IIRC. Taken in the last week of October last year.

It is also a reasonable general scenic lens, as long as it is stopped down a bit. It displays a tiny shade of bbl distortion when used near infinity at lower aperture values.

It is a lens that is well worth keeping.
It would be worth it to find the extension tube that most of these shipped with originally...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc, wonderful photo! I also have and use the Leitz Macro-Elmarit-R 2.8/60mm, which I use on a Leica R4. I have yet to find out how different these two lenses are.
Lex

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ruined two films because I was unaware of the complicated calibration of each lens after mounting it on the Nikkormat EL, but now it seems to work fine. Here of course an example with the Micro-Nikkor-P.C. 3.5/55mm
Lex

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have done well, despite the somewhat dim view-finder of the EL.
The Nikon FE used the same viewfinder layout, with a screen that was a stop and a half brighter.
I have done best at f5.6 or f8 with my copy of the micro.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right about the focus screen, not as bright as I would have liked. The old lady of whom I inherited the set always told me that she only had Leica material inherited herself from her partner. So she gave me the Leica stuff and some Nikon items like hoods and also some focus screens. I sold that stuff a few years ago, which I now regret since she did have the Nikkormat after all.
Lex