Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Gorlitz 58mm f/1.9 Primoplan on NEX 5N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for export?
You will find the Primoplan in every price-list for western countries. It was an export article, like the Biotar!
Nowadays it is admired for the Bokeh, the artistic results.
In the past contrast and sharpness were the most wanted properties for a lens.
I can remember quite good, how users judged about the Primoplan around 25 years ago.
And the word "banana" is a quote, I still remember very clearly!

As for the quality signs, you should not listen to "some sources", there is a lot of BS around. Easiest way to check that is Wikepedia.

I have Primoplans with 1, S or empty triangle. This will not mean the one specimen in your hand, but the state of the product, judging the complete production, design..., too. A product could loose the high state, if no improvements were made in design or production. It does not mean, that the product with an empty triangle is inferior to the product from the year before with a 1 or S in triangle.

Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation Klaus. In the UK, we only see the 1Q and triangle with 1 markings, so I was unaware of the other markings.