Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Gorlitz Trioplan 100/2.8 on Pentax K20
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Meyer-Gorlitz Trioplan 100/2.8 on Pentax K20 Reply with quote

I have this forum and specifically Andy to thank for turning me on to this lens. I got my copy yesterday safe and sound with a nice note from Klaus Rademaker in Germany. Its a nice copy. First thing I was surprised with is the size, its quite small actually. A bit long, but not imposing to carry around at all. Makes it an easy choice to throw in the bag.

The bokeh wide open has very defined edges which lend to a rather dramatic look. Here are the first three samples I've come up with from yesterday and today:

Some fallen roses in autumn sunlight:

A handheld shot at half a second shutter speed. It was after dark, by streetlight. I braced the camera on my leg and thanked Pentax for in body shake reduction Smile

Last one also from this morning. The last leaf on the tree, waiting to join the rest on the ground.

I'll post a few more of different things as they arise, but so far, its a pretty good little lens for the money. Well built, pretty sharp and unique in oof areas.

Last edited by thePiRaTE!! on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice set! Some don't like the painterly bokeh, but I dew! Smile I haven't
used my Trioplan in a long time, need to take it for a spin. Did yours come
with the matching hood?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Katastrofo! The hood and a leather case which is actually in better shape than the lens were included. It must have sat in someones closet.

Painterly is a good description of the bokeh. Being distinctive, I can see why its a love or hate thing.

I'd noticed after posting here, I'd corrected a hue (yellow) which added some noise in that band. Re-uploaded Smile

K.