Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meopta Openar 80mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Meopta Openar 80mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Not so common lens to see, and the only Russian C-mount lens I have experience with. Feels a little lumpy for a C-mount, but has a nice build overall. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Czech. The cameras had a good reputation when clockwork driven cameras were still state of the art.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Czech Wink

Bad prepared by me, I just assumed it was Russian Surprised
But still interesting news, what about lenses?
Any other Meopta's worth looking for?

Last edited by Nordentro on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find more Meopta C-mount lens I know 3-4 pcs at least , pretty rare I think . I like portrait shoots as usual, nice one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You can find more Meopta C-mount lens I know 3-4 pcs at least , pretty rare I think . I like portrait shoots as usual, nice one.

Thx, the Openar 40mm f1.8 could be nice on the Pen Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nordentro

I was thinking to get those some time ago.
The one you got seems a very nice for portraits.
Anything cropped? or those are the full images from the Pen?

BR,
Stefan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the sharpest lens I have fully open, but here is 100% crop by this lens Wink
A positive thing is that it's very compact compared to my other C-mounts in the same focal range and looks very nice on the PEN! Very Happy

I see some in the 300$ range on Ebay, but I found mine to 85$ which is more reasonable price for this lens by personal opinion.