Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Memorial Day Evening with the Yashica Mat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Then after we were involved they ran the war from Washington instead of letting the generals run it. Can you imagine people in Washington who were not their and didn't know anything about military running a war. Westmorland got a bum rap. It cost thousands of lives of good men. One night a mortar round landed in one of my best friends tent that I had grown up with. The only way they could identify him was his serial number in his false teeth. After two tours in Nam I had had enough. I still have nightmares. This is the last time I will talk about this and one of the few times I ever have.

Totally understandable, Ron. THANK you for your service.

On another note, I agree totally with the ridiculousness of "running" any kind of "war" from Washington.

Best to you, Ron.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
Larry,
My draft board was the one that Father Phillip Berrigan & the Catonsville 9 broke into & poured blood over all the records. It made the National news

It sure DID make the news! I had forgotten about the Catonsville 9 until you brought it up just now. Wow, those times were "something else".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
I hate to interrupt, but I just saw this thread, and I would just like to comment. Thanks for sharing your story; I don't know anything about Vietnam first hand, as I was born only a couple of years before it ended. I can only begin to imagine (with the help of some quality Hollywood flicks), and thank my luck that I have not had to be in similar situations so far.

And the image is fantastic. I just got a Yashica-Mat the other day and seeing this image gives me great hope about the cam; something to aspire to Very Happy I would love to come over the northwest (I used to live in Seattle way back when) and go on one of your photo hikes together!

GREAT on obtaining a Yashica Mat! I have always loved your images, and can't wait to see some results from the Mat.

Get on over here! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think war is a nasty business for a small group of people and they don't care anything except money. Democracy is works nowhere including USA, who handle media those people can make war etc. Things didn't changed in USA even if you had terrible experience like WW2,Vietnam, Korea etc. Still in war in IRAK, Afghanistan and probably next one in IRAN (Israel will bring you there...)