Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Melbourne Toy Run Leica 35-70 ROM f4 on Sigma SD14
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Melbourne Toy Run Leica 35-70 ROM f4 on Sigma SD14 Reply with quote

It was the annual toy run today, where the motorcycling community gathers to donate toys to the Salvation army so those not as fortunate as us, can have smiles on their child's faces.

Some very colorful bikes attended

I would hate to think about how long it would take to keep this bike looking like this..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ! Great colors, details and sharpness.

Seems to be a perfect combo !
Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's impressive! Seems to be a great combo indeed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the SD14 works - it is great. Worked fine here

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
That's impressive! Seems to be a great combo indeed!

+2
superb!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, superb results!!
What a sharpness, and what colours...
I remain with my mouth open watching your shots.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys, about 1/2 the photos i took on the day were keepers, a couple where i missed the focus and a few exposure problems, but given the busy surroundings, i'm very happy.

I do need to broaden what i take photos of though, one one of the Aussie forums i belong to, someone asked whether i took any candids of the bikers there.... Perfect opportunity that i missed, because i went there to take bike shots Embarassed

Here are a couple more bikes..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely colours from the Sigma, nice bikes too, good series Very Happy We have something similar where I live at Easter, with toys and eggs for sick children but its Mods on every kind of scooter you can imagine Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Poolhall,

Small world, i used to live in Wigan as a child, we emigrated to Australia when i was 7, i was able to visit England for the first time 2 years ago.

After a 37 year absence, i was a little apprehensive about what i would find, but i loved the place. I still have many relatives living there, stayed in Liverpool for 3 days, then over to the east coast, sorry don't remember the name of the town, but it was just north of Eame, then onto London for 3 days.

I visited in March on a business trip, the weather was great. I can see why Easter would be more appropriate for a bike event rather than December.

Thanks for the comments, there were alot of different bikes on the ride, but for some reason, it was the Harley's that caught my attention. Funny considering i don't like them as bikes, but as you have seen the detail, colour and workmanship were stunning.

I gotta admit i love the Sigma, but to be honest most of the camera brand X v brandy Y chest beating leaves me cold. I bought it for what it does well, the things it doesn't do well, i can't do anything about Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat collection of pics there Steve.
The Toy run does attract all kinds of bikes and I'm surprised there are no pics of Santa's scooter with sidecar, one of the machines I grabbed pics of a couple of years ago. Had family stuff on so missed the Toy Run this year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you don't mind me adding this and hope you see the humor in it (the two postie bikes)....from the local toy run...while watching the cricket

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries mo-fo,

Great to see the postie bikes, i see the boys even have their mail satchels on.

I have never been a fan of the whole Harley sub culture, different strokes for different folks probably. For some reason this year it was the Harleys that attracted me. 2 weeks ago at the Italian Motorcycle Festival, i found i was mainly shooting the classic stuff. I think it must have to do with the engines being visible and so much to see in the detail, unlike most modern sports bikes where it is just plastic. The craftsmanship in the bikes and the standard of the finishes was simply outstanding.

If you have any more pics post them up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the better one of my selection..... I agree The craftsmanship in a bike is something to behold.a friend of my fathers built homemade bikes one half the rear end of a car the front end a bike...I have a photo somewhere..there is a special name for these creations and yes it was roadworthy but in NZ.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small world indeed Steve, but good to hear it! I must admit as bikes go I am not keen on Harleys either but you do them justice there Very Happy Richard