Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Medium format systems ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellepi wrote:
Mamiya 645?

costly .want cheap to experiment with

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for with patience, you can find a bargain.
I'll pay for M645 1000s with 55, 80 and 210 only 240€...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it might be easier to summarise all this.

Format
Which format? (a) 645, (b) 6x6, (c) 6x7 or (d) 6x9. Reasons for choice: all other things being equal, bigger is better IQ wise. Of course, all other things are never equal! Also, does the ratio of the frame appeal? I really like square photos, for example. Lastly, the number of images per roll. You get twice as many images per roll from 645 than 6x9!

Type of camera
(a) Twin lens reflex (b) SLR style (Pentax 67, Pentax 645, Pentacon 6 etc (c) Hasselblad modular style (d) folder/rangefinder style. Choice depends partly on personal preference. Some people hate peering down into a TLR, for example. SLR style like the Pentax 67 can be big and heavy, and suffer from loud shutter and big mirror slap.

Interchangeable lenses
(a) fixed or (b) interchangeable

Price
From cheap and cheerful to eye wateringly expensive.

By thinking of these four things you can cut down your choices quite a bit. So, if you want a TLR with interchangeable lenses, your choices are limited to something like the C330. If you want cheap you can forget the Hasselblad.

Hope this helps. Kris.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6x6 is going to be for the beginning .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for an old folder with a rangefinder and a good lens.

Zeiss Ikonta-M 524/16 with Novar-Anastigmat lens is superb and can be found cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
OK , it's Agfa Isolette II !!!! Laughing With Agfa Apotar 85mm f4.5 / Prontor S :
I'll receive it in several days Laughing
this is the one :

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check bellow TEO, first they are excellent cameras , but bellow made from paper... and frequently leaking..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know , attila , i'll check