Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Zodiak-2M-2 15mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: MC Zodiak-2M-2 15mm f3.5 Reply with quote

A Russian lens:
MC Zodiak-2M-2 15mm f3.5

Never heard of this before. Looks cool.

Nice images here:
http://cgi.ebay.de/MC-Zodiak-2M-2-3-5-15mm-f-Pentax-M42-/350423280039

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, didn't know there was an M42 version of the Zodiak. It's the same name as the Pentacon Six mount 30mm f3.5 fisheye lens (later called the Arsat 30/3.5), so was probably made in the Arsenal factory in Kiev. The barrel design is very similar, too, though presumably, it's much smaller. I'd love to see sample pics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at that price!!! Shocked

There is no sense whatsoever in buying that lens unless you are a rich collector!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens, ridiculous price.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller also has the Era 6m 1.5/50mm in addition to the zodiak. Those two have been circulating ebay since I started looking for lenses 7-8 years ago.

I'm not so sure that this Zodiak was made by Arsenal considering it bears the KMZ symbol. Perhaps borrowed and modified design? This history would probably be very hard to nail down.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Princelle'book, it is a fish eye lens. The Takumar 15/3.5 is not a fish eye and more beautiful Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princelle has been known to be wrong but yes, it more than likely is a fisheye.