Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC W.Rokkor 35mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: MC W.Rokkor 35mm 2.8 Reply with quote

A sharp and contrasty lens. I have nothing bad to say about it!

Around f/5.6 on all. Sony a7.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is a boring cheap good lens!
sharp and contrasty across the frame.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good pictures, that's a lens I'll get when I see one. I like Rokkors, but mine jump from 28 to 50, a good 35 would be nice.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lloydy! I'm missing a 28 instead.

Yes it's almost a little boring, but less so with film.

I would like to try one of those 35mm HG Rokkor's.

Portra 160:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good, sharp, great colors!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
kds315* wrote:

+1

Better than expected!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, nice Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results, i have one and i like it very much produces very smooth bokeh for a widish lens when used for close focus stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: MC W.Rokkor 35mm 2.8 Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Nice pictures indeed. They colors have a film-like look to them - interesting.

I recently tested the MC W.Rokkor-HG 35 mm f/2.8. Don't know which exact version you shot, but the W.Rokkor-HG performed very ordinary - nothing special about the lens, but also not a bad lens at all Smile

One thing to note, though: My copy has an oily aperture, which seems to be a common problem of this particular version of the 35 mm MC.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: MC W.Rokkor 35mm 2.8 Reply with quote

VLR wrote:
blotafton wrote:

Nice pictures indeed. They colors have a film-like look to them - interesting.

I recently tested the MC W.Rokkor-HG 35 mm f/2.8. Don't know which exact version you shot, but the W.Rokkor-HG performed very ordinary - nothing special about the lens, but also not a bad lens at all Smile

One thing to note, though: My copy has an oily aperture, which seems to be a common problem of this particular version of the 35 mm MC.

Thanks! Ok so the HG is nothing special. My lens is not HG, just MC, different lens I think.

The original color profile in adobe camera raw was boring so I downloaded a pack of custom profiles. I think it was this one:
http://www.piraccini.net/2011/02/profili-colore-sony-a900-per-adobe-lr.html

And choose the faithful profile, it fits theese scenes much better than adobe standard. I love the look of film and usually try to mimic that.

Also, thanks everyone else!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics blotafton!

I especially like Portra 160 and the second from the top.

It's interesting that you're using the color profile in ACR. I never thought to search for color profile for old lenses, I should give it a try I might find something...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgustav wrote:
Great pics blotafton!

I especially like Portra 160 and the second from the top.

It's interesting that you're using the color profile in ACR. I never thought to search for color profile for old lenses, I should give it a try I might find something...

Thank you!
I've been experimenting with color lately, it's good fun!

The profiles in the link, I don't think they are made for specific lenses, they work just as well for modern ones!

For my a7 camera. The good profiles are: "faithful" from the link, and already in ACR for the a7, "camera standard" and "camera natural". Try one those for more interesting color!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Thank you!
I've been experimenting with color lately, it's good fun!

The profiles in the link, I don't think they are made for specific lenses, they work just as well for modern ones!

For my a7 camera. The good profiles are: "faithful" from the link, and already in ACR for the a7, "camera standard" and "camera natural". Try one those for more interesting color!

Thanks for the explanation!
I'll try that for sure, I love playing with colors.
I'm after film look too Smile