Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Kaleinar-5N 100/2.8 samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: MC Kaleinar-5N 100/2.8 samples Reply with quote

Some wide open samples from my garden. Nikon D700 body, ISO 400. No PP, just resized.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I recently acquired this lens and would like to share some photos too. I think is a good value buy.

(All photos shot with Nikon D7000)

#K1

#K2

#K3 : Crop of the above photo

#K4 :

#K5

#K5a : Crop of the above photo, it's not a macro lens but the cropped photo seems reasonably detailed!

#K6 : shoot direct into the sun @ f/11

Last edited by OSFlanker on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSFlanker wrote:
Hi, I recently acquired this lens and would like to share some photos too. I think is a good value buy.

(All photos shot with Nikon D7000)

#K1

#K2

#K3 : Crop of the above photo

#K4 :

#K5

#K5a : Crop of the above photo, it's not a macro lens but the cropped photo seems reasonably detailed!

#K6 : shoot direct into the sun @ f/11

Nice trees. Can you tell us what they are called ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
Nice trees. Can you tell us what they are called ?

Hi there, I don't have a clue about tree species!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good samples!

OSFlanker wrote:
I think is a good value buy.

I agree, an excellent value buy, usually comes with both M42 and Nikon interchangeable mounts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did use same time in Zoo Kaleinar and Leica-R 90mm f2.8 second version lens. ..... I found I have no benefits from Leica against Kaleinar Shocked so I sold Leica and Kaleinar after Laughing Excellent lens indeed and samples are just great !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reputed to be a copy of the nikon 100/2.8 E series. I have always been amazed at the colour saturation from this lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Reputed to be a copy of the nikon 100/2.8 E series. I have always been amazed at the colour saturation from this lens

It's not. Check out lens diagrams for the Kaleinar and Series E lens - they're totally different down to the number of elements. Don't know who started the rumor, but he a) didn't look at lens diagrams (obviously), and b) can't count to 6 (the number of lens elements is different).

Regarding their performance, I have both the Kaleinar and the Nikon Series E 100/2.8. They render in a different way. I like the colors of the Kaleinar better, but the Nikon is more resistant to flare - despite being single-coated vs. MC Kaleinar. Sharpness is perfectly fine in both lenses, but the Nikon is made better. I know, I know, it's plastic... but the Kaleinar is just terrible: loose tolerances, rough focusing, dirty optics - and I'm talking about three samples of this lens, including one brand-new! Besides, the Kaleinar is prone to internal hazing. Many used samples were disassembled by their owners and put to what they thought was good cleaning; as a result, those samples have internal scratches and multiple cleaning marks that are worse than the hazing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSFlanker wrote:

#K4 :

This shot is fantastic. Great foreground and background subject and using a slower shutter speed than most would, great shot! Welcome to the forum, great to see a fellow D7000 user on here