Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Arsat 30/3.5, 6x6-fisheye with the P6-bayonet
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: MC Arsat 30/3.5, 6x6-fisheye with the P6-bayonet Reply with quote

Any Pentacon Six owners?

From a Finnish forum

http://kameralaukku.com/forums/smf/index.php?topic=27192.0

The seller is asking 155 euros... sounds reasonable to me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Average price is $200 including shipping, I payed $155 for a mint one.
Very sharp lens, heavy too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Voytek : Have you used this lens on your Pentax ? If so what is the distortion like ? I've just received a Volna 3 2.8/80. After only one outing I'm very impressed. Perhaps I'm easily pleased but I've been thinking about using other P6 lenses on my crop camera (Nikon D40x).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
@Voytek : Have you used this lens on your Pentax ? If so what is the distortion like ? I've just received a Volna 3 2.8/80. After only one outing I'm very impressed. Perhaps I'm easily pleased but I've been thinking about using other P6 lenses on my crop camera (Nikon D40x).

If I may be so bold as to partially answer this question...I had the Volna 2.8/80 on my adapted Pentax 645, and really really liked the results. In my mind, the Volna was a "sleeper", as are the Vega lenses too! Cool

I also tried out the Arsat 30mm lens with the P645, and the distortion was pronounced; however, with a good image software that effectively reduces the distortion, the image was STILL showing a very wide field of view. I personally felt that the Arsat 30 was acceptably sharp. I ended up not buying - not because I didn't think it was worth it, I just didn't quite have the required amount of money at the time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence - thanks for your comments which are helpful. I was wondering what the image circle cropped onto an APS sensor would look like. Might it be relatively free of distortion ? And if I then used a shift adapter would I then move back into a distorted region. ? In any case I think the 30 mm may be too expensive for me at the moment. I may try one of the others. There's a Mir 45mm and also a 60mm which may be worth investigating.

I think that you are right about the VEGAs. However they are not very common - on ebay at least. And when they do turn up they tend to have the screw fit (Kiev 88, Salyut) rather than the simple bayonet (Kiev 88CM, P6). I am on permanent watch !