Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Marketplace sold items
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Marketplace sold items Reply with quote

If a sale is finished, sold , please move it to finished transactions subforum, it is help to keep clean actual sales and keep old sales as history and more important keep all link valid and not brake search engine optimization. Deleted posts result broken links and search engines put back a site in order with broken links.

I did forgot to set your rights properly when I made subforums at Marketplace Sad from now you have all rights at Marketplace too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do this on a daily basis.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought would it be worthwhile putting #SOLD# in the title after(or before) you move to the "finished transaction". Hopefully it would stop any confusion that it may still be for sale?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Just a thought would it be worthwhile putting #SOLD# in the title after(or before) you move to the "finished transaction". Hopefully it would stop any confusion that it may still be for sale?

NO. if you change title URL, it will change url and cause broken link, just move , all posts in finished transactions are expired, so useless to mark them anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atilla, if you like, over the next few days I can tidy up all the older listings and move them to the completed sales section.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
Atilla, if you like, over the next few days I can tidy up all the older listings and move them to the completed sales section.

It will be a really BIG HELP to all seller at Marketplace, many thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
mo wrote:

NO. if you change title URL, it will change url and cause broken link, just move , all posts in finished transactions are expired, so useless to mark them anyway.

Embarassed I already put sold in Grahams title from the "camera section"...sorry. If I remove it will it the link work again?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can fix it , some link can be broken , so no matter, but if we produce in mass amount that is harm really.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we have a shut off for older listings? I'm close to having relocating all the 2010 listings and feel safe enough to do the same to mid 2011 but with some listings folk have been a bit lazy about editing to show when an item has been sold.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure if more than 3 month old, people not find it from browsing anyway and search and search engines will find it in finished transactions too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atilla, 2010 listings are moved. There' a few posts related to when you set up the Marketplace site that may no longer be relevant that you may want removed/deleted. That's something I should obviously leave to you to decide.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atulla, can you go to the last page of the lMarket Place listings and delete any thread you don't find relevant anymore, they are not listings but more commentary, I'll be taking the listing to the start of December 2011 and hope to remember to gor through the older listings at the start of each month.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just move all to finished, don't delete any of them, no matter it is real sale thread or something else.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, all done Atilla, gone through all topics in the Marketplace. I've left a few in the Wanted section in case they get filled.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a big help! Many, many thanks again!