Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Manual lens focusing problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Manual lens focusing problems Reply with quote

Has anyone ever considered using a Laser Point Distance Measure Meter Tool to obtain an accurate distance from the camera to the subject to manually set the distance on a MF lens? I ask because I am having problems focusing my MF lenses on my Canon EOS 10D DSLR and I thought this may be a possible solution. Any thoughts or solutions would be very much appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have "laser point" distance meter, but in fact it point with laser only to subject and it is measure distance with ultra sound what is usable only in room not works outside well. So it is useful only to check RF accurate on cameras. For you camera is best tool a custom made split screen taken from good SLR camera. Our member Alex (hk300) can help in your case drop to him a pm.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subscribed to topic.

I considered it, briefly. Wondered how accurate can be lens scales? How to set lens at 38.73 meters when distance scale markings are 20, 50, then 200, equally spaced?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my lenses focus past infinity so the scale would be inaccurate. For manual lenses a combination of focus screen, chipped adapters & live view are a must. A used 40D may be a good option.