Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya RB67 Pro S....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just downright weird! I guess my 5D will have some use then Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
...I always thought lenses are not at their best from f16-f32.

Apparently that doesn't apply to medium format lenses.

Apparently... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be picking up this weekend or early next week (yeeep!), quite excited. An absolute goldmine of stuff with it :

Sekor C 180mm 4,5
Sekon C 50mm 4,5
Sekor C 90mm 3,8
2 extension tubes
foldable view finder with loupe
non foldable viewfinder with loupe
5 focusing screen (perfect shape!)
cable trigger
4 backs (3 recently repaired)
3 rotating back (one recently repaired)
lens flag

Happy out. Also snagged a Sekonic L308s to go with it...I'll eventually be able to meter in my head Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychobiker wrote:
Should be picking up this weekend or early next week (yeeep!), quite excited. An absolute goldmine of stuff with it :

Sekor C 180mm 4,5
Sekon C 50mm 4,5
Sekor C 90mm 3,8
2 extension tubes
foldable view finder with loupe
non foldable viewfinder with loupe
5 focusing screen (perfect shape!)
cable trigger
4 backs (3 recently repaired)
3 rotating back (one recently repaired)
lens flag

Happy out. Also snagged a Sekonic L308s to go with it...I'll eventually be able to meter in my head Wink

Wow! What a haul! Post pics! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hoped to have it by now, but due to the season it took longer to wire money from my holdings in Ireland to Canada and then Christmas got in the way! Stay tuned though.

L

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Haul' would be an understatement, as was the condition of the equipment!

Photos will come in due course (I'm moving house tomorrow...!) but all is good, the lenses all snap shut when moving from T to any other shutter speed, and what I saw as 'black spots' are nothing anywhere near what I was expecting...plus they're on the two accessible inner lens surfaces, it would seem. Happy out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kewl.

You're going to love the RB although maybe not the weight... Laughing

Velvia 50 on it is just stunning, and another great thing too is the filter size for all of the commonly available lenses is 77mm so one size fits all.

I'd be interested to hear which lenses you end up using the most as I have the 50, 65, 127 and 180 and find myself using the 65 and 127 the most.

Larry had an RB too for a while and he swore by the 65 as well as a 180 IIRC but I'm not sure if he had other FLs available to him.

Whatever the case, enjoy your new kit and post some pix of it. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully the seller was nice enough to include some Velvia 100F Ilford PanF 50...I have lost count of the amount of backs, focusing screens (matte, split prism, crosshair...) and various bits. It's as if someone ticked all the 'accessories' off when ordering. CAD$600 too, an absolute bargain!

pics coming in time, sorry to keep you all waiting but we've got to haul everything up to the other side of Montréal :S

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's all in excellent to mint condition, it sounds like it may have been owned by a well-heeled amateur hence the condition and size of the kit.

The various focus screens other than the standard matte appear to be hard to get so you scored big time with those.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures and etc, as promised!

http://blog.liammartin.com