Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya 645 210mm f/4 ... Vulturine Guineafowl
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
You have got a lens in excellent condition for the moment - why not try it out.
OH

The thing is that here yesterday was -19C and I do not have fun to get out with camera and currently is new wave of snow storm coming form south of the border... No fun getting out in this weather conditions, but hey who knows I might give it a shoot... Confused

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAART wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
You have got a lens in excellent condition for the moment - why not try it out.
OH

The thing is that here yesterday was -19C and I do not have fun to get out with camera and currently is new wave of snow storm coming form south of the border... No fun getting out in this weather conditions, but hey who knows I might give it a shoot... Confused

Ouch ......... -19C not so toasty warm then.
Maybe some indoor portraits are in order.
I have often heard that this lens can be a good long portrait lens on FF if you have a long enough hallway - haha.
Here is a shot on a much cheaper lens than yours - 200/3.5 Auto Revuenon. (shot on APS-C Pentax K-10D)
I think your lens is better.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just update - The seller will refund 30$ and I will close the case afterwards. I think that 50$ is very good price for the lens in EXC+++ condition and this is how this saga ends... Laughing

Now I will have some time to wait for slightly warmer weather to test the lens and if Igor does not mind I will post pictures here later.

BTW Forecast for the next week is good and after that eastern america coastal line snow storm is sailing away temperature will rise above 0C even! Cannot wait for it... 2013/2014 winter has been surprisingly cold and I think that Great Lakes almost froze to the record level in last 20 years...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad it worked out. The C version is very good, I'm sure you'll enjoy using it !

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally this evening I had time to take few shots with Mamiya 210mm lens. Even it is almost dusk and cloudy, rainy day, this lens delivers. I like it so far.

as long as I remember, wide open at f4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gumtree.com/p/lenses/mamiya-sekor-c-210mm-f4-n-manual-focus-lens-with-case-for-m645-cameras/1102306624

There's one just listed on Gumtree for £65, which doesn't seem a bad price. I have a bunch of 200's and don't need another. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad the images are missing. Found one in Japan for just 1 yen (not my fault, nobody else bid on it Yahoo defaults to the lowest possible increase) Also got the 645 c 150mm F4 for 1200 yen. These were professional lenses so they should be good no matter how cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Too bad the images are missing. Found one in Japan for just 1 yen (not my fault, nobody else bid on it Yahoo defaults to the lowest possible increase) Also got the 645 c 150mm F4 for 1200 yen. These were professional lenses so they should be good no matter how cheap.

Laugh 1 Friends

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some samples. It does suffer from purple fringing in high contrast situations. CFD is a bit long with 2.5m But it is sharp and seems optimized for closer to medium distances.

Duckeh by The lens profile, on Flickr

Bikeh by The lens profile, on Flickr

100% crop Fringing. It only seems to happen in extreme contrast situations. Usually it's fine.

Street

No noticeable Fringing here

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a lens I should own.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

What a pop-up, great shot!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Too bad the images are missing.

Yes, like most of the older threads here. A pity, really.
The image with the duck is really something, thanks for sharing Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's Here's one with a mild diopter lens that cut's the CFD to about 55% (For an old Pentax Zoom that had a 3.5m cfd). Grey darkish weather so iso 3200

Berrykeh by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
Too bad the images are missing.

Yes, like most of the older threads here. A pity, really.
The image with the duck is really something, thanks for sharing Like 1 small

Some images uploaded in 2014 have been lost. All the other "lost" images are inline hosted off site with now broken links.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is how it works on the "native" Medium Format Camera:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=84072&sid=a8f046ab4948469d833526aff272a2ce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
There is how it works on the "native" Medium Format Camera:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=84072&sid=a8f046ab4948469d833526aff272a2ce

Recognizable. Dof is relatively narrower of course. More Contrasty than mine it seems but that maybe due to the CCD instead of CMOS.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
that maybe due to the CCD instead of CMOS.

Yea, on that camera it really shines.