Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 to OM adapter , not 4/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: M42 to OM adapter , not 4/3 Reply with quote

Does anyone have a m42 to OM (not 4/3) adapter for sell or know where I could get one?
Ive only seen one on ebay but the shipping cost was 30$ or something. so wasnt worth it at all.

I think I wouldnt be able to get infity with one, but itès only to use with extension tubes anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use a T2 OM mount. Take out the ring, replace with a bit of neoprene and use the three screws to hold your lens in place. Not super strong though so be careful!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing myself that's not a great idea, I would be probably end up grabbing the lens in a moment of inattention and the camera would meet the ground.

Looking at the completed listings on ebay I missed one by a few minutes. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i expect that that M42 to OM was probably a typo.

Reg distance OM: 46mm
Reg distance M42: 45.5mm

You won't be able to do infinite for sure.
Although 0.5mm seems a small difference, it will make a difference, for instance, Minolta MD = 43.5mm and Canon EOS = 44mm, and still conversions are not always easy, whereas the adapter needs optics if you want to put a MD lens on an EOS body.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no typo.
I want to use m42 lenses with an OM extension tube set, so being able to have infinity doesn't really matter.
But looking at cheap 4/3 tubes on ebay, I'm thinking it might be about the same price to just go with that instead. And most likely a lot faster to get instead of waiting for an adapter to pop up again.

But I'd like to upgrade my camera eventually to a EOS body or a sigma with an om mount, so the less stuff that would be rendered useless by then the better.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadows wrote:
no typo.
I want to use m42 lenses with an OM extension tube set, so being able to have infinity doesn't really matter.
But looking at cheap 4/3 tubes on ebay, I'm thinking it might be about the same price to just go with that instead. And most likely a lot faster to get instead of waiting for an adapter to pop up again.

But I'd like to upgrade my camera eventually to a EOS body or a sigma with an om mount, so the less stuff that would be rendered useless by then the better.

so you are using a 4/3 body right now?

and the OM is only in the case you want to get a sigma with OM adapter?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:

so you are using a 4/3 body right now?

Yes, right now I am using an olympus e-500.

hk300 wrote:

and the OM is only in the case you want to get a sigma with OM adapter?

yep.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or perhaps what I saw were just t t-2 mounts labeled as m42, so i guess ill be buying another set of tubes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadows wrote:
Looking at the completed listings on ebay I missed one by a few minutes. Shocked

I think i bought it, if it was the one at 6£ from UK. If i don't use it much you'll have it Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:

I think i bought it, if it was the one at 6£ from UK. If i don't use it much you'll have it Very Happy

Yep that was the one, though good thing I didn't buy because threads are different on T mounts and m42 mounts even thought they are the same sizes.