Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 SMC Takumar 1:1.8/55 -- Garden Frogs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: M42 SMC Takumar 1:1.8/55 -- Garden Frogs Reply with quote

Just for fun! I heard there are frog lovers around here. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Takumar 55/1.8 or 55/2 is the best fifty you can get for ~50€ or less Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great collection of frogs and well know lens!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy 2nd last would be a nice avatar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Very cute!
now for a serious question has anyone here tried to take real frog shots? I hear them at the local pond but have no luck finding them...any hints on how and where do you find them, on the edge of a pond???

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some very nice frog photos by members, search for 'frog'.

I don't know about frogs in daytime or in pond, but during mating season at night after many months of searching where those LOUD croaks originate, I find from tiny frog only 5cm! I only find it by accident, when light from 1-led torch reflect from eyes. I suspect at night a torch helps to find pond frogs too. Frog I find is Pacific Tree frog. Their mating habit is for male to crawl onto dry land to call for females to come play, which takes place on dry land. Their call sound is very difficult to pinpoint, seems to come from all around, was impossible for me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I did not think it would be easy...we get some frogs which climb in the drain pipes or you find them on the walls...way easier to find!
I would like to "find" some of the pond frogs one day...we have some rare ones where I live that would be nice to capture! Night time would be a challenge.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

real frog?

There's some shot I haven't post, not easy to catch one in wild life.
Mine was in zoo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one IAZA! Is poisonous?

Here is photo of tree frog. They are so hard to find because they hide when calling, with only mouth showing from under leaves, places like that. This fellow was not hiding, the eyes caught in torchlight, and here he is:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

der einrahmer wrote:
Very Happy 2nd last would be a nice avatar

Very Happy except manufacturer might not like me to use their copyright product in photo. Sad At least the original artist got paid (I hope). Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it makes a change from gnomes I suppose. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it poisonous, sorry I should shot the description of it too.
look at this one

it can be frog topic Very Happy
good catch on last free frog, I know for better result need better situation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only frog photo, I think. Very Happy

K.