Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 Or?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magkelly wrote:
It's a done deal.

Smile

They are a bit on the slow side, so use a tripod with them and the results may astonish you. Also, as with many older lens there may be a small bit of CA and flair if you shoot into the light.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Big Dawg it was you talking about one that convinced me to buy it, laugh. I saw this post you had made on another board where you posted pics of yours? I saw those pics and went "Hmmmm!" So it's all your fault I went and killed my wallet! (NOT!)

Actually I got it for less than $13 with shipping. Goodwill auctions. I had thought it was listed at $10, but when I went back right before it ended they had it starting at $5. There were no bids till then so maybe they dropped it? But in any case I got it, for $5! It actually cost me more to ship it than it did to acquire it! That was sheer dumb luck or maybe it just confused people, the listing. They didn't have the rear view and it was hard to tell what it was so I asked nicely. They sent me pics. I'm glad I did because that was just a STEAL any which way you look at it.

I can't wait to put this on my SPII. I've been waiting what seems like eons to take Queenie birding! I like my Yashica too, don't get me wrong, but my Pentax is my favorite and till now we didn't have any kind of M42 long lens to work with. You can't see it, but I'm making like Gene Kelly here, tap, tap, tap...

I'm SOOOOO happy...