Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

m42 bodies?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the top plate of a Zeiss-Ikon Icarex and a Pentax Spotmatic and you will never doubt that the Pentax is the better camera.
The Spotmatic was a professional camera in the sixties. Many Pro's still uses them in the 70's (these who do not like Nikon). No Pro bought a Icarex. The Icarex was the cheap line of Zeiss Ikon. It was cheaper than a Spotmatic (600,- vs. 800,- German marks) and selling worse. With a reason.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taunusreiter wrote:
Remove the top plate of a Zeiss-Ikon Icarex and a Pentax Spotmatic and you will never doubt that the Pentax is the better camera.
The Spotmatic was a professional camera in the sixties. Many Pro's still uses them in the 70's (these who do not like Nikon). No Pro bought a Icarex. The Icarex was the cheap line of Zeiss Ikon. It was cheaper than a Spotmatic (600,- vs. 800,- German marks) and selling worse. With a reason.

Most of the time German products have better feeling even if they are not better than Japanese products. I love really everything what is German , but I can't imagine better cameras than Nikon made ones.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that to "play" use (not work or if you have a first cam yet), the cheap praktica is one serious option. I have the MTL 5 (broken base, almost ruined cosmetically) from 1988 and it does the work OK. I used it in the rain, at the beach, in very cold time, etc. Used it to open the capot of my car too. It's a camera and a all use tool!!

I changed cams, lenses, brands, but the praktica is somewhere with my things.

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I collect Fujica gear. I can clearly state that the ST801 is a nice body. The viewfinder is truly bright and the body is extremely sturdy.

I had 3 ST801 bodies but I gave 2 away, one to a member of this site. The ST705 and St705w are also very nice.

Fujica bodies should sell very cheap on ebay.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
I collect Fujica gear. I can clearly state that the ST801 is a nice body. The viewfinder is truly bright and the body is extremely sturdy.

I had 3 ST801 bodies but I gave 2 away, one to a member of this site. The ST705 and St705w are also very nice.

Wow, your ST801 (and EBC) is in a very good shape.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmike wrote:
spiralcity wrote:

Wow, your ST801 (and EBC) is in a very good shape.

Hi DJ,
I collect Fujica gear. This camera is from my collection and sits on a shelf. Nobody handles the cameras from my collection except me. Very Happy

My daughter has an interest in photography, so I have to keep my eye's on her... I caught her with one of my Chinons and decided to give it to her, hoping this would keep her away from my collection. Laughing

I would calll this body and lens Mint minus.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:

They indeed do, i don't really understand why sellers underestimate this cameras, they're actually more than nicely usable and have nice sets of features. Maybe it's only that the Fujica name now it's not more that known as it was years ago, now that we mostly have Nikons and Canons all the way into advertising and shops.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mUg wrote:
spiralcity wrote:

They indeed do, i don't really understand why sellers underestimate this cameras, they're actually more than nicely usable and have nice sets of features. Maybe it's only that the Fujica name now it's not more that known as it was years ago, now that we mostly have Nikons and Canons all the way into advertising and shops.

Yes, fujicas are very good cams.

I have a AZ1, ST 705W and had a ST 801 (now sold).

Very lights, easy to use, little gems.

OK, not professional use, endeed. Only a hobby use, but i like them.

Who don't have one, try. Nice experience.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, forget:

don't like the zenit et (plastic ones). It remind me the old 127 baquelite gevaert.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic F is my favorite M42 body, though any Spottie is nice. Smile

Second favorite is a GAF L-ES black body - not sure why - it just 'feels right' to me. Like a Spottie, but with aperture priority as a bonus.

I have several Prakticas, MTL3, LTL3, Nova 1B, LX2, etc. They are all workable, but I don't favor them too much. Like someone else said, you accumulate these things as they tend to come attached to lenses... Smile

Ricoh is another undervalued brand IMO, just like Fujicas. Several of the earlier ones were fine M42 bodies, and they made one hell of a lot of nice K-mount bodies as well. I was just shooting with an XR-2 yesterday, as a matter of fact.