Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M39 to Eos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: M39 to Eos Reply with quote

I did a search and couldn't find anything, but has anyone used one of the Fotodiox M39 to Eos adapters? I am interested in finding out if the infinity focus actually will work with these. I know that the distance from the element to the "film" is totally different with the M39 much closer. However if they work, then I think I may invest in some of the Voigtlander Ultra wides.

Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with this adapter in particular, but if this is the one you're talking about, then they do say that it will focus to infinity.

They make good adapters and are a good company.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: M39 to Eos Reply with quote

Duckmancgy wrote:
I did a search and couldn't find anything, but has anyone used one of the Fotodiox M39 to Eos adapters? I am interested in finding out if the infinity focus actually will work with these. I know that the distance from the element to the "film" is totally different with the M39 much closer. However if they work, then I think I may invest in some of the Voigtlander Ultra wides.

Thanks for any help.

No it won't work for wides! Especially NOT for them...

It only works for VISOFLEX M39 lenses (teles) with very long back focal length (or similar types).

The register length between Leica M39 - 28.8mm and M42 - 45.5mm is way to different to allow for infinity focus.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use an F mount Heliar you can mount it on an EOS camera with a Nikon-EOS adapter. There ARE problems however...

http://www.16-9.net/lens-tests/15mm-test1.html

Last edited by sichko on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen M39->EF adapter, but you can buy M39->F adapter.
So you can combine this and F->EF adapter together in order to
mount M39 lenses, anyway you use them as near focus only.

By the way the combined thickness is almost exactly 3mm as I recall.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, thats kinda what I thought.