Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LPD Paper Developer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: LPD Paper Developer Reply with quote

I've stuck pretty closely to Dektol as my standard paper developer. Largely because there was so much information on it for a beginner. I thought it was a time for a change now that I've become a little more familiar with the overall process. The LPD Paper Developer ( http://www.adorama.com/CHLPDPG.html ) caught my eye for various reasons. The tonal variation it offers sounds quite interesting.

With the Dektol, the stock solution is supposed to last from 2-6 months depending on the amount of air in the bottle. I have the accordion style bottles so I guess it would be in the upper limits for my setup. LPD is apparently known for its "lasting quality." This is what initially attracted me to it, because the opportunities I have to devote a night to the darkroom are limited and when school begins, the darkroom basically sits unused for 4 months at a time.

I guess my question comes down to does anyone know how much longer it may last? Or should I really hold off mixing the stock solution until I need it? Many thanks for any input!

~Marc